The jobsite located in Mt. Belvieu, TX has an opening for a Carpenter.
Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is an engineering/construction company headquartered in Katy, TX with an expertise in the natural gas, natural gas liquids, and petrochemical industries. OPD is part of the larger Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) organization which provides a variety of capabilities across many industries. Originally incorporated in 1980, OPD has developed a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and ability to successfully execute projects. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred partner to our customers and our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work.
What You Will Do
Some core responsibilities for a Carpenter include:
- Prepare the layout of the project.
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Utilize hammers, pry-bars, chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.
- Work on ladders, and scaffolding.
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Create structures for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Perform other duties as required.
- Aim to achieve high production with good quality output.
We expect all field employees to:
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture.
- Recognize safety hazards and risks.
- Participate in onsite safety meetings.
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures.
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite.
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work.
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment.
Some physical demands of being a Carpenter include:
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs.
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hour intervals.
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination.
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Two years of previous experience as a carpenter.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to read blueprints and do basic math calculations
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be willing and able to work outside in extreme heat, humidity, and cold conditions.
- Must be willing and able to attend mandatory safety meetings.
- Must be willing and able and willing to work in a team environment.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week.
- Must be able to meet basic physical requirements.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five years of previous experience as a carpenter.
- Previous experience in oil and gas construction.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch Engineered Solutions company, Optimized Process Designs (OPD) provides clients with detailed engineering packages in all disciplines, single-point procurement for all equipment and materials, fabrication and direct-hired construction services throughout the United States. We leverage in-house capabilities and provide services with faster speed to market to help deliver increased cost savings while minimizing risk.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf