Location: Pittsburgh, PA area
The Reliability Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing and supporting predictive service delivery at one or multiple strategic accounts and locations.
- Build relationships with customers
- Engage in downtime and maintenance planning meetings
- Data analysis to determine faults & severity and write detailed reports on your findings
- Communicate and deliver reports to customers about your findings and recommendations
- Troubleshoot complex machinery problems
- Perform multi-channel data analysis
- Support and work with SKF Application Engineers to determine Root Cause of any failures and work toward improvements and correct actions
- Work with other SKF Product Specialists, Technicians and sales staff in identifying opportunities and securing contracts through the provision of SKF Solutions
- Provide profitable technical and proactive reliability maintenance services to customers to achieve or exceed the agreed KPIs and document the cost savings delivered
- Periodic requirement to prepare and deliver technical presentations to customers and other REP team
- Proven experience including certification or equivalent with machinery vibration analysis of at least an ISO Category II
- Sound understanding and demonstrated experience working with other predictive maintenance technologies and practices including electrical and mechanical infrared inspections, in-place dynamic balancing, airborne ultrasound inspections, machinery alignment, online and offline motor current analysis, ODS, Motion amplification
- Working knowledge of CMMS and planning & scheduling
- Customer support focus and proactive communication skills
- Strong in Microsoft Office 365 applications and other computer tools
- Technical experience
- Several years proven experience including Cat II certification or equivalent with machinery vibration analysis or can complete certification testing in next 18 months
- Working knowledge and \ or experience with other predictive maintenance technologies and practices including electrical and mechanical infrared inspections, In-place dynamic balancing
- Airborne ultrasound inspections, machinery alignment, online and off-line motor Current analysis, ODS, NDT inspections, oil and lubrication analysis
- Experience and background in mining, steel & metals, paper, refinery, chemical, power, mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, or military
- Working knowledge of CMMS and planning & scheduling.
- Ability to travel as required
- Self-starter and can plan your time for effective utilization and allocation of your resources for service delivery
- Strong business, people, communication, and professional skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- A strong desire and enjoy a career in equipment reliability
What You'll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid holidays!
SKF Celebrates Diversity in the Workplace! We actively develop ourselves and our teams to enable outstanding delivery. Trust the strength of diverse teams and encourage agile ways of working.
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5% of your elected contribution (100% Vested). And regardless of your participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
SKF Cares! The four fundamental cornerstones of SKF Care - Business, Environment, Employees and the Community are critical for us to sustain long-term success.
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
Reporting to: Service Performance Field Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, PA area, (Remote)
Job ID: 15548
SKF provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
By applying to this job you acknowledge how SKF treats candidate data. Click HERE to review the SKF Data Privacy Consent Statement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disable/Veterans