- This positions for effectively directing and coordinating the manufacturing engineering function which includes design and redesign of production machinery and tooling, and developing solutions to production problems relating to materials, processes, and tooling.
- Supports new programs by developing new processes, tool designs, machinery, process improvements and production controls.
- Serves as a liaison between the Engineering and other departments.
- Directs and supervises Channel Manufacturing Engineering staff.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Continuously surveys all manufacturing operations to determine areas for process improvements and cost reductions.
- Recommends process changes where justifiable by cost studies.
- Goal: to manufacture products by the most favorable method.
- Establishes engineering, equipment, and tooling standards for more efficient application of the Company's resources.
- Coordinates company's environmental program with outside regulatory agencies, (DEQ, EPA etc.).
- Ensures compliance to state and federal regulations as well as internal controls.
- Reviews new designs during the development phase and prior to the issuance of production drawings.
- Recommends modifications where advisable to minimize cost and conform to production capabilities and limitations.
- Supports the advanced planning team during implementation of new products and processes.
- Recommends design modifications to permit manufacture by the most favorable method.
- Designs and coordinates the manufacture and shakedown of all production machines and machine elements for all process requirements for which satisfactory purchased equipment is not available.
- Provides engineering advice, complies data and determines probable costs for process improvement projects.
- Plans and schedules activities, sets objectives with subordinates and ensures that goals are met.
- Delegates to subordinate the responsibility and authority necessary for the department to function effectively but retains overall responsibility and accountability for results.
- Supplies all necessary direction to subordinates regarding work objectives.
- Provides training and development opportunities to subordinates to develop their technical and managerial skills.
- Responsible for the creation of standard work documentation
- Works with Operations, Quality and Supply Chain departments to ensure safe, efficient processes are in place, which deliver quality product to the customer.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering or its equivalent.
- Eight to ten years engineering experience in (1) a metal removal environment and (2) a responsible capacity in such areas as manufacturing engineering, tooling, or product design.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of engineering principles, practices, methods, processes, tools, equipment, and environmental compliance.
- Able to motivate and direct an engineering/ technical staff and possesses proven supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
What You'll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid holidays!
Work/Life Balance. A possibility for flexibility and an opportunity for occasional remote work.
SKF Celebrates Diversity in the Workplace! We actively develop ourselves and our teams to enable outstanding delivery. Trust the strength of diverse teams and encourage agile ways of working.
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5% of your elected contribution (100% Vested). And regardless of your participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
SKF Cares! The four fundamental cornerstones of SKF Care - Business, Environment, Employees and the Community are critical for us to sustain long-term success.
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
Reports to: Engineering Manager/SPS Champion
Location: Sumter, SC
Job ID: 15201
SKF provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
By applying to this job you acknowledge how SKF treats candidate data. Click to review the SKF Data Privacy Consent Statement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disable/Veterans