Location: West Valley City, UTAH 84128
The goal for this position is to drive the deployment of the SKF Production System within the local Sealing Solution factory. This position reports directly to Factory Manager, indirectly to Regional SPS Champion.
SKF is Growing! Now is an Exciting time to join the team!
- To develop, monitor and follow up on Production System Deployment activities.
- To ensure the adoption of a consistent approach (principles, methods, tools) within the factory and across the unit.
- To support the organization with training and facilitation of SKF Production System Deployment principles and requirements
- To coach and Mentor all levels within the factory and support ongoing execution of lean thinking to deploy our holistic LEAN Management System.
- To coordinate training for Subject Matter Expert development of lean principles, methods and tools.
- To work closely with Production System Deployment BU Champion to coordinate and ensure effective deployment and ongoing use of SKF Production System in the factory.
- To support other factories on as needed basis with deployment of core lean tools or facilitate training.
- To create, manage and lead the change management strategies and plans within the factory.
- To collaborate with Cluster and Future Factory to ensure consistent communication.
- To be active member of digitalization communities.
- To manage the communication, competence development, awareness, and organizational change within the factory.
- To develop and execute competence development plans.
- To support factory roadmap creation by integrating change management activities into roadmaps and strategies.
- To digitalize of manufacturing processes on the shop floor by deploying existing solutions and services (such as Manufacturing Execution Systems, maintenance systems, data analytics, etc.)
- To identify new opportunities and ideas, as well as continuously improve existing manufacturing concepts as well as digital solutions and transformation methodologies.
- To coordinate training, UAT and hyper-care at go-lives etc.
- To align and synchronize with SPS deployment plan and Factory Master Plan.
- University level education in technical, business demand chain or management equivalent.
- This position requires travel for purposes of personal training, benchmarking, performing workshops and assessments.
- Strong Manufacturing background. (3-5 years' experience) Supervisor, Channel Manager, Process or Engineering technical position preferred.
- Strong Theoretical and practical deployment experience in Lean manufacturing / TPS (3-5 years hands on experience).
- Expert in Lean Methodologies (Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Material Flow, Standardized Work, Waste Identification, Quick Change Over etc.).
- Strong Experience in facilitation skills- e.g. Running workshops, training, seminars etc.
- Strong experience in manufacturing (Channel Concept).
- Experienced in project management and executing improvement plans.
- Experience implementing Lean principles and tools. (OEE & Six Major Losses).
- Knowledge of Six Sigma - Preferably certified Black Belt.
- Proven experience in working various positions within manufacturing business or process development.
- Proven experience in working with business transformation through digitalization.
- Ability to analyze financial and performance results and determine improvement opportunities through Lean principles and tools, (OEE & Six Major Losses).
- Strong ability to plan, organize and set priorities; decisive and result oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with ability to challenge mass production thinking and invoke change.
- Strong use of Practical Problem-solving tools and coaching.
- Proactive and Open-minded approach toward cultural change.
- Strong interest in developing people and organizations.
- Strong Computer Skills - PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Strong Communication skills verbal & Written.
- Strong Listening, Coaching and Mentoring skills.
SKF's mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in 2020 were SEK 74 852 million and the number of employees was 40,963.
SKF Salt Lake City manufactures seals made from various materials including rubber and plastic. CR Seals are radial and axial shaft sealing solutions for power transmission applications supports virtually every industrial sector, from large-size wind turbines to very small, high-speed machine tools. For off-highway applications, we offer undercarriage sealing solutions for wheeled equipment, which include SKF Mudblock cassette seals and the innovative SKF Trackstar seals for tracked machinery.
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid holidays!
Work/Life Balance. A possibility for flexibility and an opportunity for occasional remote work.
SKF Celebrates Diversity in the Workplace! We actively develop ourselves and our teams to enable outstanding delivery. Trust the strength of diverse teams and encourage agile ways of working.
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5% of your elected contribution (100% Vested). And regardless of your participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
SKF Cares! The four fundamental cornerstones of SKF Care - Business, Environment, Employees and the Community are critical for us to sustain long-term success.
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
SKF is an equal employment/affirmative action employer.
Reports to: Operations Manager Americas
Location: West Valley City, UTAH 84128
Job ID: 14088
Want to learn more? Check out our You Tube video!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disable/Veterans