Auto Plus is a leading automotive aftermarket parts distributor in the US. We bring together unmatched expertise with best-in-class parts and customer service for the most reliable automotive aftermarket parts store experience. Headquartered in Kennesaw, Georgia, Auto Plus has more than 8,000 Team Members with decades of experience in the automotive aftermarket industry, united to deliver on our Auto Plus Promise: We exceed expectations with expertise at every turn. Auto Plus has more than 1,000 locations, including corporate-owned stores, independent Auto Plus member locations and commercial parts-focused Pep Boys retail stores, and 21 distribution centers. We aspire to be the most trusted business partner and employer in the automotive aftermarket.
The Store Driver drives company owned van, SUV or lightweight truck to deliver replacements parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles to customers. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely deliver auto parts in perfect condition to customers in a company owned vehicle.
- Build long-term relationships with customers delivered to.
- Provide prompt and courteous service in a professional manner that will leave a positive impression and a totally satisfied customer.
- Load truck with auto parts to be delivered and unload merchandise.
- Review all merchandise for quality and accuracy prior to accepting delivery.
- Ensure delivery schedule is set.
- Accurately record all deliveries and pickups made.
- May assist with customer service activities within retail parts location.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- 1-2 years' delivery experience where timing is important
- Provides friendly, courteous, and helpful customer service in a way that results in a completely satisfied customer
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently
- Comfortable utilizing up sell techniques
- Ability to handle difficult customer service situations
- Must maintain a valid driver's license in the state of operation and must meet the guidelines as outlined in the Motor Vehicle Policy
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
AP MN Hopkins-10380