Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire a Senior Electronics Engineer specializing in sensor analysis and design to join our project team supporting the Naval Information Warfare Center in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will join a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing and evaluation team responsible for the manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications. Work will involve both prototype and production systems.
This position will require the candidate to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance. A currently held Secret or Top Secret clearance is a significant plus.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Support the design, testing, and fabrication of various sensor systems, with primary focus on acoustic sensing technology for undersea applications
- Support the analysis of mission requirements, acoustic sensor performance and capabilities, and support formulating sensor and sensor array designs, incorporating acoustic sensing capabilities to satisfy operational requirements
- Will read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings to collaborate with CAD designers in the development of prototype systems
- Will also support the development of fabrication plans and processes to build prototype systems
- Will participate in testing and evaluating prototype performance and overall sensor capabilities
- Will require the analysis of data collected during testing using analytical tools such as MATLAB, LabView, Python scripting/programming, Microsoft Excel and others
- The individual will also work with a small team of technicians and engineers to define future sensor performance and system requirements
- Strong programming skills, C /C++, C#, and Python
- Experience with Unix-like operating systems
- Experience with embedded systems development (8-Bit and ARM)
- Proficiency in MATLAB and LabView
- Knowledge and/or experience with underwater acoustics is a plus
- Circuit design and fabrication, and Altium Designer experience is a plus
- FPGA/PLD development experience is a plus, especially with VHDL
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
List additional skills and experience that is "nice to have" but not required.
- Ability to work in small groups
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong software troubleshooting skills
- Hardware troubleshooting skills a plus Marine / Shipboard experience
- Ability to work aboard small boats (i.e. not susceptible to motion sickness)
- Willing to travel for short periods of time to support project requirements