WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD Health Services is looking for a motivated Sr. Systems Administrator who shares our passion for technology, innovation, and reliability. You will be responsible for things such as designing, building, and supporting the platforms that deliver content and services for the Health Services division of WebMD. If you have a home lab, or spend personal time looking at technology, you will be right at home. This position is part of WebMD Health Services Operations team supporting a highly transactional, geographically distributed, Internet facing infrastructure responsible for housing and delivering HIPAA data.
What you'll do at WebMD:
- Work alongside software engineering teams in supporting the architecture and development of our next generation of infrastructure and applications.
- Be exposed to new technologies and products
- Monitor and support production systems in an Active/Active model
- Automate system and infrastructure provisioning and configuration.
- Address production issues outside of working hours in an on-call capacity.
- Participate in a shared 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
- Enjoy being part of a highly functional team.
- 5+ years of demonstrated expert-level Windows/Linux System Administration experience supporting critical production infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Windows/Linux OS commands/utilities (process, network, file systems, job control, etc).
- Expert level proficiency in troubleshooting Operating Systems and Infrastructure
- Core understanding of key security concepts and auditing requirements.
- Proficient in Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, HTTP, TLS
- Proficient in High Availability and BCP concepts (Backup & Recovery, Server Clustering, load balancing, Server Farms).
- Obsessed with automation and ability to write shell scripts
- Ability to create and maintain technical and process documentation to ensure efficient and consistent deployment and support of systems.
- Experience supporting automation and infrastructure as code.
- Understanding of Agile SDLC
- Experience with supporting Audits for certifications such as HITRUST/SOC.
- Deep proficiency in supporting Active Directory/LDAP, IIS, ASP.NET.
- Understanding of key database concepts used by Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or NoSQL.
- Usage of change management software such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Storage Management.
- Cloud based administration experience.
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience (in addition to base experience requirement)