Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape, a division of WebMD, is currently seeking a Senior Data Analyst for our Education business
unit. Medscape develops and hosts a physician portal and related mobile applications that make it
easier for physician and healthcare professional to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the
latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, as well as earn continue medical
education credits and communicate with peers.
The Senior Data Analyst reports to Associate Director of Data Analytics, for Medscape's Education
business and will be responsible for analysis and reporting of online education initiatives targeting
Medscape's physicians and healthcare professional members. In addition, this role will provide various
Web Traffic and Membership analysis, actionable insights and the evolution and management of various
KPIs. The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for developing dashboards and automated processes in
order to collect, mine and report on this data. The role will have cross-functional and cross-divisional
responsibilities to provide various stakeholders, including Sales, Audience Engagement, Outcomes,
Marketing, Product and CME Compliance teams, with results-oriented data and performance metrics.
Ideal candidate will bring strong data management, analytical, communication, and problem solving
skills. Candidates must have a proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive, detail-oriented
and identifying opportunities for automation and process improvement.
* Devise methodologies for and perform analysis on web traffic, membership behavior, and
* Understand our online transactional processing systems, enterprise data warehouse, and data
* Work with business stakeholders to verify and release new reporting products and manage the
review and investigation of defects
* Further develop Medscape's proprietary data reporting tools and processes to ensure the short-
and long-term viability of t
* Analyze activity data, provide assessments of trends, and position activity metrics to meet
* Provide data and dashboard support for externally-facing metrics reports measuring overall
educational activity performance and impact
* Work with internal Medscape teams to improve database logic for internal tools and improve
* Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; a concentration in Econometrics,
Information Systems, Computer Science or scientific, mathematical or data intensive field of
study is highly preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of related work experience
* Experience in data modeling, data warehouses, and business intelligence platforms.
* Must be proficient in SQL with the ability to write complex queries against an enterprise data
warehouse to summarize and provide analytics and insights
* Proficient in Python with the ability to use it for scripting and analysis/statistical modeling.
* Experience with tools/languages used for data processing such as Linux, Shell, Cron, etc.
* Have an understanding in Data Science methodology and techniques. Experience in Data
Science is a big plus but not required.
* Experience with industry recognized business intelligence tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
Other tools such as Microstrategy, Looker, Power BI, SAP Business Object, Domo, and Qlik.
* Experience with Data Visualization a plus
* Ability to balance long-term strategic planning with tactical analytical & reporting requests
* Strong analytical skills combined with proficiency in understanding, representing, and
communicating data-driven analysis to various departments by taking data and telling a story
* Creative thinker who can utilize existing resources in a productive and/or innovative way