No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies".
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
* Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
* Professional Engineer License (PE)
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Technical & non-technical training opportunities
* Leadership Opportunities
* Mentorship & Training Opportunities
* Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain
* NESC expertise
* Interface with local clients
* Electrical Power Calculations
* Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Mid-level Substation Automation Engineer with an emphasis on transmission and distribution automation and relay settings. This position is member of dynamic team of Power Delivery engineers within our Energy & Systems Solutions operation.
* Solving challenging substation engineering problems.
* Working with design engineers and performing quality reviews.
* Working directly with clients as well as working with other staff in remote office locations.
* Assignments will cover the full range of project planning through design and construction support.
* Configuration of IED and data concentrators for substation and distribution automations devices from 4.16kV through 500kV.
* Minimum of 4+ year's relevant experience in high voltage electrical utility automation and integration engineering.
* Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) with 4-6 years of related experience.
* Main requirement is experience with communication devices and specifically implementing and working with DNP3 and IEC 61850 protocols
* Must have experience with RTAC, SEL Architect, Orion LX, GE Enervista and GE Cimplicity
* Preparation of protective relay coordination studies is a plus.
* Experience with development of relay settings for microprocessor relays For both transmission line relays (Line Differential, Step Distance and Pilot Schemes) and substation relays (Capacitors, Transformers and buses) is a plus.
* Strong engineering and interpersonal skills and high attention to detail with a passion for quality.
* Experience implementing control and protection schemes including interpreting schematics and wiring diagrams and preparing relay logic to complete the schemes is a plus.
* Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
* Team player who can work effectively in team environment;
* Self-starter who will work independently with minimal direction
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
* Experience preparing technical reports
* Previous Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience
* Periodic travel may be required
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms
PowerDeliveryExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:5000Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Electrical EngineeringPay Range: