Intern - Quality / Calibration Logistics Specialist
Maple Grove, MN
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
On-the-job training is a great way to learn the ins and outs of an organization. Practical experience helps the intern understand the role of a ZEISS employee and general business practices in the company of today. This is an opportunity for a mutually beneficial experience where ZEISS interns can apply real business solutions while receiving on the job training in a field of their interest.
The Intern will learn ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 compliance aspects while working within our Measuring & Test Equipment group. This position will become familiar with the business processes, terminology and specialty equipment used by ZEISS personnel throughout the organization.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Become skilled in the utilization of Microsoft Office suite to perform routine tasks
- Accurately update and administer calibration information into a gage calibration system
- Assume an active role in inventory control management
- Assist in design and development of equipment shipping protection efforts
- Participate in Risk Analysis (i.e. out of tolerance impacts, risk matrix, external audit preparation)
- Continually seek and implement performance improvements and cost reductions
- High school diploma.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program at an accredited College or University
- Interest in, or prior experience, working in a related field preferred but not required
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.