Description Job Description:
The Leidos Innovations Center currently has an opening for a Technical Writer to support the Beavercreek, OH office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your talents and experience to help the Skyborg System Design Agent (SDA) Team's mission to develop the autonomy core system for the Skyborg program. You will participate in the development of all technical documentation for the release of the technology data package that is required for each quarterly release, as well as the design and development of materials generated during program execution. This position will require a technical understanding of the overall system as well as the ability to communicate the technical information.
The Technical Writer will:
- Create and edit internal and external process documentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to write clear, concise, and instructive prose.
- Demonstrate the ability to proactively investigate and piece together information to create coherent, useful documentation to support end users.
- Demonstrate the ability to investigate and create documentation on internal tool usage and operational policies.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively write for different audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate content management skills - able to identify when documentation needs to be updated based on new project developments
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as contract/program requirements dictate.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Aeronautical Science, or related field and 2-4 years of experience or Master's Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Technical writing experience
- Experience formatting and editing documents using Microsoft Office products
- Two years of relevant work experience in software development
- U.S. Citizenship
- Eligible for DoD Secret clearance
- Four years of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience writing technical materials for software-related projects
- Relevant experience writing UAS operations and training manuals
- Relevant experience writing software design documents
- Configuration/Data management experience
- Linux, C++, Python, Bash, Powershell, Wireshark, Containerization, and/or Virtualization experience
- Current DoD Secret clearance
BondExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:2000.00Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Writing and EditingPay Range: