No two career paths will ever look the same. Atwe know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with theof working for a world-class employer.you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies".
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
In this role, you can also expect to gain
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Mid-level Relay-Settings / Automation Engineer with an emphasis on transmission protective relay settings and the associated studies. This position is member of dynamic team of Power Delivery engineers within our Energy & Systems Solutions operation.
* Solving challenging substation engineering problems.
* Working with design engineers and performing quality reviews.
* Working directly with clients as well as working with other staff in remote office locations.
* Assignments will cover the full range of project planning through design and construction support.
* Preparation of relay settings from 4.16kV through 500kV including relay set points, logic diagrams, configuration files and documentation.
* Minimum of 2+ year's relevant experience in high voltage electrical utility system protection and control engineering.
* Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) with 2-4 years of related experience.
* Main requirement is experience with communication devices and implementing and working with IEC 61850 protocol
* Capable of using Aspen OneLiner and/or Electrocon CAPE for coordination studies and fault study analysis.
* Preparation of protective relay coordination studies
* Experience with development of relay settings for microprocessor relays including: SEL, Alstom, GE, ABB and others. For both transmission line relays (Line Differential, Step Distance and Pilot Schemes) and substation relays (Capacitors, Transformers and buses)
* Being familiar with Schweitzer AcSELerator QuickSet, General Electric EnerVista and Schneider Electric MiCOM software is a plus
* Strong engineering and interpersonal skills and high attention to detail with a passion for quality.
* Experience implementing control and protection schemes including interpreting schematics and wiring diagrams and preparing relay logic to complete the schemes.
* Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
* Team player who can work effectively in team environment;
* Self-starter who will work independently with minimal direction
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
* High level of computer competency
* The following are additional skills that are considered a plus:
* Experience preparing technical reports
* Familiarity with PTC MathCAD software
* Previous Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience
* Periodic travel may be required
PowerDeliveryExternal Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Electrical EngineeringPay Range: