Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: .
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), is seeking a Planning and Communications Manager, to join the Electronics Information Security (EIS) department. This role will perform strategic and day to day management of the communication activities overseen by EIS Program Planning to ensure effective engagement as well as prompt and precise information sharing within EIS and with EIS's stakeholders globally.
- Maintain and reinforce efficient ways of communication within EIS and with the key stakeholders of EIS
- Strategizing, writing, editing, and overseeing multiple content projects at a time while ensuring consistency and alignment with EIS strategy across all the channels
- Determining and align EIS content types, channels, and activities to the target audience and desired outcomes
- Identify and propose efficient ways of communication within EIS to ensure relevant information is communicated efficiently and team bonding is reinforced within EIS
- Identify and propose efficient ways of communication with the key stakeholder of EIS to support engagement with the stakeholders.
- Drive the projects to manage change end to end, including documenting requirements, planning, implementing changes, establishing the BAU process in collaboration with all involved parties
- Responsible for EIS Extranet and Intranet content management
- Ensure that the content is timely, precise, and appealing to the target audience
- Find ways to identify content to be displayed proactively and implementing them efficiently in collaboration with all the involved parties
- Review content regularly and agree with content owners on enriching the content
- Ensure timely and high-quality response to the inquiries submitted on the sites
- Maintain content management process to ensure efficiency and keep content owners informed of the changes
- Track site usage statistics, identifying ways to promote the sites, and implementing those
- Continuously plan and implement improvements taking all factors such as users feedback, site usage statistics, platform enhancements into account
- Ensure content standardization
- Maintain a content management guide for content owners
- Train content owners
- Find other ways to ensure standardization and implementing them
- Oversee the EIS Newsletter process
- Ensure that EIS newsletter is published with timely, precise, and high-quality content appealing to the EIS employees on the designated frequency
- Create and edit content articulating leadership vision and key messages as well as any other important topics for EIS
- Proofread newsletter content before it is published
- Continuously plan and implement improvements on EIS Newsletter taking all factors such as users' feedback into account to ensure that EIS employees look forward to the regular newsletter
- Support reporting and presentations to senior management, EIS stakeholders, and EIS employees by preparing requested materials
- Perform any ad-hoc tasks assigned by the Program Planning lead based on the organizational needs
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in managing internal communications processes
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is a plus
- Experience with leading and providing expertise in multi-channel internal communication, proposing and planning new communication methods
- Experience in developing and executing communications plans and detailed content management processes
- Experience in content management on SharePoint platform
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and respectfully
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel, influence key stakeholders, and build consensus
- Solid experience in content proofreading and editing in English (and Japanese is highly desired)
- High competency level in MS Suite including SharePoint, Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience and ambition in working in international environments with cross-cultural teams across multiple time zones
- Ability to drive change, mentor growth, and work in a team environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with a proactive approach and ability to prioritize and respond to critical tasks, organize and schedule work effectively with strong attention to details
- Lead by example, maintaining a positive, cooperative attitude, especially in times of change/challenge
- Fundamental understanding of IT technologies and information security concepts is a plus
- Experience in business analysis is highly desired
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.