Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: .
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), is seeking a highly motivated, self-driven Principal Insider Threat Analyst, to join the Global Security Incident Response Team (GSIRT) Security Operations Center (SOC), responsible for the Insider Threat Program and related activities. This position will be based in Herndon, VA and will report to the Director, Security Operation Center.
- Operate independently in a geographically dispersed team, while maintaining situational awareness and keeping the team up to date
- Assist in the proactive identification of new collection methodologies for the Insider Threat Program
- Develop, execute, and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Insider Threat Program
- Create TTPs for identifying insider threats and brief team members on emerging threats
- Collaborate with Insider Threat Analysts and other security teams to develop innovative Insider Threat capabilities to further enhance our proactive and reactive analytical process
- Perform security monitoring and Insider Threat Analysis activities across the Sony Group's global networks, leveraging a variety of tools and techniques
- Detect insider threats through proactive "hunting" across security-relevant data sets
- Thoroughly document insider threat activities
- Review investigations conducted by more junior analysts to ensure quality standards are met
- Develop new, repeatable methods for finding insider threat activity across the Sony Group's global networks
- Provide recommendations to enhance detection and protection capabilities and carry out approved implementations
- Regularly present technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Write high-quality incident reports for executives
- Prioritize multiple high-priority tasks and formulate responses/recommendations to customers and team members in a fast-paced environment
- Provide assistance to other security teams
- Continually develop new technical skills and push overall team capabilities forward
- Engage with and mentor other team members
- Work with other teams on major engineering and architecture initiatives related to Sony's enterprise security
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's in information technology, Engineering, Cybersecurity or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years of experience in Information Security
- 3+ years of progressive experience in an Insider Threat program.
- Experience working remotely full time or experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- Hands-on experience in an Insider Threat Program.
- Experience analyzing raw log files, particularly logs from network or host-based security tools
- Deep understanding of network defense principles, common attack vectors, and attacker techniques
- Advanced technical skills and the ability to develop a mastery of network and host security technologies
- Strong work ethic and commitment to accomplish assigned tasks with a sense of urgency
- Strong aptitude for continuous learning and growth
- Experience teaching yourself technical subjects
- Experience with at least two programming or scripting languages
- Experience with InfoTrace Mark II, Lanscope, and Redmine tools or comparable products is a plus
- Strong soft skills, including:
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Task prioritization
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.