DOD SkillBridge Medical Equipment Technician Internship
Thank you for your service in the military! Join Agiliti and make a difference in your new career as a Medical Equipment Technician or Biomedical Equipment Technician. Our internships are for all technician levels!
Agiliti is a nationwide company of passionate medical equipment management experts who believe every interaction has the power to change a life. We proudly serve within hospitals, healthcare facilities, and our 90+ local service centers to ensure quality medical equipment is in the right place at the right time for effective patient care. Make an impact in healthcare and grow your career with Team Agiliti!
DOD SkillBridge Technician Program
Agiliti has created a SkillBridge program for transitioning service members to meet our specific workforce needs. We have successfully matched those needs to the skills and abilities of highly motivated service members. The Medical Equipment Technician works under the guidance of a qualified Biomedical Equipment Technician or supervisor.
- General maintenance
- Mechanical maintenance
- Participate in an individualized training plan that meets the soldiers needs and the work at the Agiliti location
- Training is conducted via a mixture of CBT (computer-based training), OJT (on the job) and classroom learning
- Interns will receive extensive opportunity for hands on experience and will participate in Agiliti's competency verification program
- Interns will be assigned a mentor at their location
Benefits of our SkillBridge program
- TRAINING: Both internal Agiliti and potential for formal Original Equipment Manufacturer
- Wide range of positions and career paths available
- Nationwide: Over 90 locations for relocation
- Hands-on experience in the medical field
- Highly sought-after skills
- Meaningful work: Support hospitals including many DOD facilities
- 25% of open positions are filled with internal talent through promotions
What Will You Do in This Role
- Provide cost-effective equipment inspection, maintenance, calibration, and repair service on a variety of medical devices
- Complete all paperwork and computer data entry accurately and promptly to ensure complete documentation for billing and required regulatory compliance.
- Communicate with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
What You Will Need for This Role
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must hold a current, valid, and unrestricted driver's license. Must have a safe driving record based on Agiliti policies.
- Basic computer skills; understanding of computer networks and equipment interfacing.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required to support a 24/7 schedule.
- Willing to travel periodically to support business needs.
- Able to lift and/or push up to 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit, and stand for long periods of time.
Permanent employees also enjoy
- Tuition assistance
- Health benefits
- Bonus program for all positions
- Continued technical training
It is the policy of Agiliti to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local civil rights laws.In addition, Agiliti will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Agiliti strictly prohibits any form of retaliation against individuals who make good faith reports of alleged violations of this policy or who cooperate in Agiliti's investigation of such reports.
Primary Job Location:Chicago Center of ExcellenceAdditional Locations (if applicable):Atlanta Center of Excellence, Baltimore District, Burbank District, Charlotte District, Dallas Service Center, Fort Lauderdale District, Fullerton Center of Excellence, Kansas City, KS District, Lake Zurich District, Minneapolis District, Oklahoma City District, Phoenix District, Richmond District, Sacramento District, San Antonio District, San Bernardino District, San Diego District, Seattle District, Totowa Center of ExcellenceJob Title:Medical Equipment Technician ICompany:
If you require assistance with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
AgilitiLocation City:Downers GroveLocation State:Illinois
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.