L'Oreal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oreal Group, the world's leading beauty company. Through its management of over 35 iconic beauty brands, L'Oreal USA has generated more than $7 billion in sales annually. Products are available across all distribution channels including hair salons, department stores, mass market, pharmacies, medi-spas, e-commerce and more. L'Oreal USA's commitment to growth is generated through sustainable innovation and driven by the company's L'Oreal for the Future ambition which demonstrates sustainable development across the Group's value chain. The company is headquartered in New York City, employs more than 11,000 people, and operates administrative, research, manufacturing and distribution facilities across 16 states.
We are seeking a highly organized and creative 12-month intern to help execute our social media strategy across L'Oreal USA's corporate brand channels. This role will work closely with other members of the corporate communications team-plus teams across L'Oreal USA-to showcase our pursuit of Beauty for All to a collective social media audience of over 1M. This role gains broad exposure to the entire company and is ideal for someone interested in both social media and public relations.
Key Job Responsibilities
Candidates must be organized, reliable and self-starting with strong creative, writing and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be a digital native with a deep understanding of and passion for social media and be willing to roll up his/her sleeves to help advance the mission of this hardworking team. The intern will be responsible for the community management of our social channels and assist with content creation, project organization, strategy and more.
- Assist with conceptualizing and creating digital content for social media channels and lorealusa.com including graphic design and copywriting
- Oversee community management of corporate social media channels, including scheduling posts and moderating conversation
- Gather and chart analytics and social media metrics for reporting
- Understand new features and capabilities on existing social channels and explore new storytelling opportunities on emerging platforms
- Candidates must have received a Bachelor's degree within the last 12 months OR must have graduated with a Master's degree within the last 12 months with no gap more than 5 months in education history
- Possess 3.0 GPA or higher
- Have in-depth knowledge of and experience with all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc) and an understanding of what makes for attention-grabbing content.
- Be proficient in graphic design; Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office skills are required
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Have high level of professionalism; ability to interact with senior-level management - both U.S. and international teams - with confidence and maturity
- Be highly organized and pay close attention to detail and deadlines
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively, with the ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Photography skills preferred
- Interest in the beauty industry preferred
- Prior internship or office experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.