Join a Global Leader in Aviation Security!
$17.31/hour to start!
+$4.60 per hour up to 40 hours per week 100% funded by ACTS towards the Local 32BJ Health & Welfare Fringe Benefit Fund, which includes Health Insurance, a Training Fund & a Retirement Savings Benefit.
If you elect Health Insurance through Local 32BJ your HEALTH INSURANCE is FREE!
ACTS-Aviation Security has immediate full-time openings for Airport Security Guard at the Pittsburgh International Airport. ACTS offers competitive wages and benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, and paid vacations and holidays.
ACTS-Aviation Security, is a part of ICTS Europe, a global aviation security solutions organization with over 16,000 aviation security professionals operating in 23 countries. ACTS specializes in the provision of aviation security and customer experience solutions and is one of the leading providers of aviation security and customer experience services in the United States.
Aviation Security Officers are an integral part of ensuring our nation's air transportation network is secured. ACTS' aviation security officers are committed to delivering our mission "to be the most trusted aviation security provider in the United States" and are responsible for the safety and security of the airports they protect. Apply today to join the global leader in aviation security.
Airport Security Guards may be asked to perform many essential functions at the airport where they work, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Control access to restricted areas of airport, only allowing access to authorized individuals
- Screen and log vehicles accessing restricted areas
- Control access and conduct vehicle inspections at perimeter access points to the Airport's secured areas
- Conduct inspections of employees and visual inspection of belongings
- Patrol airport premises as assigned
- Issuing temporary vehicle access media
- Monitor airfield permits
- Respond to incidents and emergencies
- Security presence and controlling access for Federal Inspection Stations
- Provide passenger assistance
- Prepare Incident/Occurrence Reports for any incident or event that directly involves customer complaints/concerns, safety/security or operational issues/events;
- Officers report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
- Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their airports.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Airport Security Guards
- Be aware of and familiar with the airport-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Preferable to have at least two (2) years verifiable previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Able to provide proof of ability to work in the United States
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record necessary for some positions
- Must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment as administered by the Transportation Security Administration;
- Must be able to pass a Criminal History Record Check as required by the Transportation Security Administration
Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance to ensure avoidance of unpredictable, frequent and/or ongoing tardiness.
- Ability to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position thus must be physically capable of standing or walking an entire shift, able to lift a 25lb fire extinguisher, capable of lifting a child or assist the lifting of handicapped individuals.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Security Mindset - take pride in keeping the skies safe and the flights secure
- Trust - keeping promises and speaking the truth.
- Customer Focused - the willingness to listen and the duty to act - promptly and appropriately.
- Team Spirit - integrity, experience, collaboration and open communication.
- Innovation - creativity, seeking new ideas, continuous improvement though anticipating change and adapting to it.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
ACTS is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.