Covance is seeking a Research Associate to join our Translational Biomarkers Flow Cytometry and Cell Based Assay team in Greenfield, IN.
Incumbent is responsible for development and biological validation of complex new flow cytometry methods and assays. Incumbent offers expert analytical knowledge in flow cytometry applications and instrumentation and can conceive and implement creative solutions. Incumbent has high initiative with demonstrated assay development expertise and is able to act as a client consultant. Incumbent trains coworkers where appropriate and performs established laboratory procedures and assays in accordance with Covance quality principles. Incumbent maintains high standards in all aspects of departmental and laboratory functions.
- Consult with client and supervisor to establish goals
- Research scientific literature and develop plan
- Communicate experimental plan to supervisor and/or client and revise as needed
- Obtain necessary reagents and equipment.
- Design and conduct experiments in timely fashion and routinely update supervisor on progress
- Modify plan as needed. Resolve routine and non-routine assay problems and select optimal conditions
- Prepare clear, detailed experimental reports that enable reproduction of experiment by others in the lab and include precise tracking of samples and data
- Complete testing within the expected turn around time to meet customers' expectations
- Conduct assay operations as needed for study support.
- Train others and participate in method transfer activities as required.
- Include all appropriate biological controls in experimental design
- Verify instrument performance and document quality checks
- Report any quality issue to supervisor and participate in troubleshooting.
- Generate concise and clear technical reports for clients and interpret basic findings
- Prepare high quality scientific reports for internal and external oral presentation
- Prepare scientific posters and manuscripts that demonstrate expertise and enhance the reputation of Covance in the scientific and client community.
- Read appropriate literature and research topics applicable to Covance and client needs
- Suggest and evaluate new assays and assay improvements
- Evaluate new techniques, technologies, and instruments
- Participate in internal and external scientific seminars and training
- Freely share ideas and learning with flow cytometry team and other colleagues
- Actively participate as team member for Covance and client studies.
- Willingly cross-train and learn other assays to support overall team efforts.
- Comply with regulatory guidelines, Universal Precautions and Covance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.
- Complete required training and maintain training records
- Follow established Covance operations procedures for purchasing, payroll, client interaction, etc. at all times.
- Ph.D., M.S. or B.S. in Biology, Medical Technology, Immunology, or related field
- Expertise with multi-color flow cytometry techniques
- Experience in sterile cell culture techniques and general cell biology techniques including processing of blood and tissue samples for primary cell isolation and culture
- Proficiency in applicable flow cytometry, database, graphical and statistical software
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with and support others in a team-oriented environment
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.