At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We're not just designers. We're tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you're into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there's something here for everyone.
As a Gensler Project Architect in our Raleigh office, your job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. It's your job to collaborate with a team of architects and designers to deliver unparalleled architectural projects. With you as part of the design team, architecture has never been so engaging. You will leverage your technical acumen with base building, office building, and mixed use architecture in Revit to drive client projects from concept through build in a collaborative team while mentoring your team members.
What You Will Do
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with consultants (structural, MEP, lighting, AV, acoustical, accessibility, building envelope, life safety, etc.)
- Manage communication between project team, client, vendors, contractors, and consultants
- Resolve complex technical and design issues with team to produceinnovative, technical, constructible solutions
- Direct production of drawings, specifications and construction administration tasks
- Responsible for oversight and delivery of documents with design intent and top-notch technical quality
- Maintain and oversee the project manual and specifications
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Actively participate and contribute to the financial performance of project
- Review and contribute to proposals and contracts with the Design Manager
- Ensure projects conform to contract
- Actively lead teams for successful delivery of projects
- Manage client expectations, team communication and oversight of consultant coordination
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs
- Establish and maintain ongoing, productive client relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture from an accredited school
- Registered Architect required, LEED AP preferred
- 5-15 years of related experience with a focus in conceptual master planning and base building/architecture
- Strong conceptual design skills and visualization, backed by technical knowledge of architectural principles and practices
- Highly proficient with Revit
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle and design process through post-occupancy
- Flexibility to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development
- A quick learner with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Collaborative and team-conscious
- Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships through successful project delivery
All applications must include a portfolio for full consideration.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us . We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.
Gensler celebrates diversity and our commitment to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
You may view our Pay Transparency Statement, your EEO rights under the law, and EEO is the law supplemental information on our website. Gensler shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Gensler endeavors to make gensler.com/careers accessible to all applicants. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Regarding Gensler’s approach to recruiting new talent, we will never ask an applicant for sensitive or personal financial information during the recruitment process. We advise all applicants seeking employment with Gensler to review available information on recruitment fraud. Anyone who suspects that they have been contacted by someone falsely representing Gensler should email firstname.lastname@example.org.