Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: .
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), is seeking an Associate Director, SOC- Analysis and Response, to join the Global Security Incident Response Team (GSIRT) in Herndon, VA. This position will report to the Director, Security Operations Center (SOC) and be responsible for overseeing the core monitoring, analysis, and response portion of the GSIRT mission to monitor and defend the Sony enterprise network.
- Lead and manage the geographically dispersed global security operations center
- Primarily responsible for security event monitoring, management, analysis, and incident response for on-premise and cloud environments
- Provide leadership in incident response coordination across multiple disciplines and organizations
- Provide strategic direction for advancement analysis, response, and prevention capabilities
- Partner with engineering, operations, and other teams to improve Sony's network defense posture.
- Represent GSIRT/SOC in various global forums, internal and external to Sony
- Maintain a positive and collaborative working environment with Sony corporate entities worldwide
- Establish and maintain performance metrics to gauge quality and completeness of security capabilities and to measure improvements over time
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, information security or information technology or a related field, or other equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in information security or information technology (IT) with minimum 5 years in a SOC environment
- Minimum 3 years' experience in running incident response team in large environments
- Direct experience in Security Operations Center work, Network Event Analysis, Threat Analysis, and/or Intelligence Analysis is required.
- Direct experience with IDS/IPS, firewalls, SIEM or other security platforms in large enterprise environments is required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership on cybersecurity incidents
- Prior experience managing multi-tiered organizations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated verbal and oral ability to translate complex technical problems to a non-technical audience
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders translating detailed analysis into relevant briefings
- Ability to manage multiple activities and events simultaneously, with a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to high-priority events; organizing and scheduling work effectively
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.