Covance by Labcorp is currently hiring for a Medical Technologist at our facility in Somerset, New Jersey.
Incumbent performs established procedures for non-clinical testing as required in all assigned laboratory disciplines. Incumbent is responsible for analyzing specimens whose results are then reported to the pharmaceutical company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform assigned clinical laboratory testing accurately and in a timely manner.
- Retrieve and check specimens against pending list. Document and resolve any specimen discrepancies. Notify laboratory management when specimen discrepancies are not resolved.
- Prepare workstation and instrumentation for the assigned testing.
- Receive, open and place in service all reagents according to SOPs.
- Prepare and properly label reagents and document according to SOPs.
- Operate instruments to perform testing in accordance with established written procedures.
- Resolve routine and non-routine assay problems.
- Perform parallel testing, reagent validation, linearity's, and stability studies.
- Process and ship samples according to study specific instructions.
- Evaluates and solves problems related to the collection and processing of specimens.
- Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of established quality control procedures. Interpret quality control results according to established departmental procedures.
- Prepare quality control material accurately.
- Document quality control results. Check for and acknowledge biases, warnings, and violations of control rules.
- Reports the quality control results to the management, troubleshoots, and takes corrective action on questionable or out-of-limit results. Documents all corrective actions and submits them for review by the management.
- Prepare proper documentation of test results and enter into the information system.
- Generate an appropriate audit trail for all activities.
- Document and report any result reporting problems or inconsistencies to laboratory management.
- Complete testing within the expected turn around time to meet customers' expectations.
- Perform maintenance on instruments and equipment daily, weekly, monthly, and document.
- Bachelor's degree and completion of at least a 12-month training program in Medical Technology, or
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited college or university and one year training and/or experience in the specialty in which testing is to be performed. Such training must be equivalent to that received in a school of Medical Technology.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, LIS).
- One year experience working in the Medical Technology field.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.