At Gensler we help companies innovate. We design spaces, services and environments for organizations seeking new ways to provide value by fostering healthier, more effective workplaces. As a result of a growing diverse client base and increasing project work, we are searching for a Senior Level Project Architect (10+ years) with a focus on interior architecture to join our team in San Jose.
In this role, you will provide design support for completion/execution of design concepts, prepare schematic and design development drawings, resolve design issues, analyze design options, and execute projects through construction administration. You must have prior experience working directly with contractors.
The individual will be working with the team to complete assignments on schedule and with great quality to meet our clients' expectations. You will be expected to resolve technical/design issues to maintain progress and quality control and to communicate between the project team and consultants. You will be responsible to meet building codes, budgets, and all necessary deadlines in order to fully meet client expectations.
What You Will Do
- Manage multiple aspects of client, project coordination, and general contractors including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, and civil consultants
- Manage client relationships and team communication
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Maintain the project manual and specifications
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc. during construction
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Mentor and grow junior staff members
- Participate in office culture and initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture and varied levels of relevant experience as a project architect with a strong background in corporate interiors, including LEED-certified projects
- Licensed or registered Architect
- Experience managing multiple aspects of client, team, and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, and civil consultants
- Experience working directly with contractors
- Experience resolving complex technical and design issues
- Proficiency with Revit, SketchUp, 3ds Max, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of how buildings are constructed and ability to create technical documents that succinctly, thoroughly, and accurately describe the work to be done
- Knowledge of California building codes, standards and building structures
- Understanding of sustainable and universal design concepts
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and sustainable building practices required. Portfolios should includeat least1 project with this particular focus, and candidates should be prepared to talk to this in their interview, especially built projects with LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Standard , Fitwel and /or Net Zero Building certification
For consideration, please submit resume and work samples in PDF format.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us . We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.
Gensler celebrates diversity and our commitment to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
You may view our Pay Transparency Statement, your EEO rights under the law, and EEO is the law supplemental information on our website. Gensler shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Gensler endeavors to make gensler.com/careers accessible to all applicants. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Regarding Gensler’s approach to recruiting new talent, we will never ask an applicant for sensitive or personal financial information during the recruitment process. We advise all applicants seeking employment with Gensler to review available information on recruitment fraud. Anyone who suspects that they have been contacted by someone falsely representing Gensler should email firstname.lastname@example.org.