The Operations Technician will perform and support all functions associated with operating and maintaining plant production, maintenance, efficiency, regulatory compliance, and safety within the Merchant Gases Company in Dayton, OH. The Dayton, OH facility consists of an Air Separation Unit and two external nitrogen liquefiers. This position plays an essential role in supporting the production of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- Maintain compliance with Airgas' 12 Life Saving Rules and Safety Pledge
- Require 100% compliance with all Airgas safety policy and procedures, and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) training and techniques to prevent lost time or serious injury to others.
- Maintain a high degree of safety by employing safe work habits.
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Promote and develop safe work behaviors through the use of existing policies and procedures and an emphasis on safety behavior management techniques.
- Assist with safety incident investigations, including near misses, using root cause analysis leading to recommended corrective actions to eliminate recurrences
- Ensure applicable regulatory (OSHA, EPA, FDA, DHS) requirements are met and applicable training and recordkeeping is performed to meet departmental and location requirements
- Monitor and maintain the safe operation of the air separation units and liquefiers. All products are cryogenic.
- Monitor the safe and reliable operation of pipeline, which supplies gaseous products to customers
- Control flow purities, pressures process using SCADA/HMI/PLC system
- Work with management to maximize production and efficiency to meet the needs of our customer base increasing flows and production rates
- Read and interpret technical drawings and manuals
- Perform quality assurance functions associated with products to maintain quality assurance
- Respond to plant/production disturbances (on-call)
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance throughout the entire plant to include compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, electrical equipment, and other plant equipment
- Identify potential problems from collected data
- Troubleshoot process and system problems to restore reliable and efficient operation.
- Record plant readings and document plant maintenance
- Prepare and maintain quality, regulatory, and production records
- Take initiative to improve facility (i.e. operations, reliability, and efficiency) without direction
- Conduct maintenance of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation systems in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, local work instructions and governing regulations.
- Perform and manage analyzers, instrumentation and related calibration files
- Understand and utilize computerized program for preventive maintenance
- Assist in planning and executing maintenance work and projects during plant outages.
- Develop contractor relationships
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting skill
- Completes other related duties as assigned
Quality / Technical Support
- Perform maintenance of instrumentation, electrical systems, compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, and other plant equipment
- Comply with maintenance of environmental, safety, quality assurance, and FDA compliance systems and programs including spare parts, preventive, predictive and proactive maintenance