Description Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to support the FFSS contract. Contract is awaiting award June/ July 2021.
Multiple openings in Hines, Illinois, Remote, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The Senior Database Administrator will create, implement and manage expansive database administration programs. Has experience in reviewing database performance trends, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Database design, database modeling, performance tuning, disaster recovery, replication, database documentation
- Work closely with programming staff on database design to meet business requirements
- Query performance tuning and database optimization.
- Make recommendations of database migration path to insure optimal performance and availability, which shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for review and approval prior to any migration.
- Review performance of databases on the open systems and mainframe platforms and provide and implement COR/VA PM(s) approved recommendations for improved performance.
- Ensure availability, security and integrity of assigned databases is at optimal performance
- Installation and configuration database management software (DBMS) and additional patches or service packs
- Establish and monitor user access, security and database roles, privileges, and permissions
- Utilization of security and recovery control tools and practices for successful database performance
- Analyze business needs and user stories to identify database administration technical solutions
- Participate in the requirements definition process to better understand the customer needs
- Ensure developed work products in adherence to established security and quality control standards for database development
- Debug and correct database code, accessibility, and performance errors of assigned databases (Oracle, SQL)
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in Agile development
- Write, modify, and debug database specific SQL and PL/SQL queries.
- Where appropriate, coordinate database administration duties with System and Network Administrators to ensure compatibility with hardware and operating systems configurations.
- Diagnose and correct problems that occur within databases and application interfaces.
- Recommend strategies for problem notification and availability reporting in database software and applications. All recommendations shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation.
- Develop disaster recovery strategies, and execute or exercise backup/recovery, high availability and disaster recovery strategies. All recommended strategies shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation.
- Develop Security strategies consistent with VA regulations and policies and industry best practices. All recommended strategies shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action, coordinate Contractor specific technical support as necessary.
- Support users, other software Contractor teams, and database administrators with problems, projects, and implementations.
- Analyze database infrastructure to insure compliance with VA security standards, database performance considerations, and reverse engineering of existing database environments.
- When assigned to VA initiatives, develop schedules and plans, communicate progress to management in both verbal and written formats, identify barriers, identify and evaluate alternatives. The Contractor shall participate in fault isolation for database systems.
- When required, develop and submit for approval Configuration Change Management Plans in accordance with ITOPS IO standards. The Contractor shall follow the change management process prescribed by the Chief, Database Support Services when making all changes to production systems.
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years of experience. 8 years of additional experience in lieu of Degree
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience in participating in information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Oracle Database Administration experience required.
Additional specific experience in the following is also required:
External Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Database ManagementPay Range:
- Oracle Golden Gate (OGG)
- Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- VAULT Solaris 10/11
- Oracle 12C-19C
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Oracle in Cloud