Location Boston, MassachusettsUS
Job ID JR-018863
Job title: Validation Project Manager - Field/Remote Project Support
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
- To lead, manage and provide planning, reporting and execution direction in Windows 10 migration project, while contributing in process development, improvement, and implementation, as well as new business development support.
Core Job Duties:
- Manage and drive, with the customer Core Team, the strategy, quality, objectives, planning, and implementation of the projects including definition of the technical requirements.
- Oversee customer PC and software inventories.
- Oversee data QA while delivering weekly status updates on the Windows 10 migration.
- Work closely with PE IT, Compliance and Validation teams, as well as Customer IT, QA and Validation teams.
- Setting timelines, milestones and budgets.
- Establish and lead the internal operational team and customer facing operational team of stakeholders to meet, review, and report on all aspects of project specific action items and provide direct connection to PKI back office teams.
- Monitor progress of activities and budget against project plan.
- Determining, and ensuring appropriate action upon critical path tasks.
- Drive decision making, inside and outside of the team. Identifying and ensuring resolution of conflicts and problems.
- Continuously seeking process improvement and implementation.
- Ensuring quality and compliance throughout the development process.
- Ensure scope consistency of project throughout the Windows 10 migration.
- Established risk management plan with customer.
- Establish and maintain clear communication channels to provide full transparency throughout the project.
- Participate in standard internal reporting forums, escalating project issues, project updates, accomplishments, risks, future actions.
- Identify opportunities for process and quality improvements.
- High expectation to participate in sharing of lessons learned and best practices for all project implementation activities.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; reporting on project budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Successful candidate must possess "a leadership presence" at all times, but most especially, during remote/conference call meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Business Management; Master's in Business Management preferred. (PMI Certification recommended).
- PM certification (CAPM, PMI, PMP, PRINCE2) recommended.
- Minimum of 2-3years in Project Management for a Pharmaceutical Lab or similar environment in a Validated Environment.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and motivated. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, experience with customer interaction.
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and various levels of professionals.
- Excellent teaming skills: an upbeat, collegial, can-do attitude is a "must have".
- Proven operational strength to visualize, identify and implement processes.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with a strong bias for action.
- Track record of developing, executing, and driving planned initiatives.
- Experience in PC, software, and scientific instrument ordering.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Power Point and Project.
- Ability to work from home.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.