- Six to Eight years of progressively responsible work experience. Relevant fields: climate adaptation science, climate policy, business, finance, international development. Three to Five years with an advanced degree preferred.
- Proven success negotiating complex agreements with governments and institutions in developing and middle-income countries
- Track record of developing large bilateral and/or multilateral funded projects, preferably with private sector components.
- Exceptional project development and project management/supervision experience is essential.
- Relentless focus on delivery; ability to operate with independence to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives with competing priorities and under deadline pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with teams across cultures and multiple time zones.
- Street smart; able to navigate complex issues and organizational complexity; execute high quality work in a timely way without drama.
- Technical expertise and experience in one of the following: climate change adaptation, marine/coastal planning and development, agricultural development and food security in developing countries, freshwater ecosystems
- Experience developing GCF projects and knowledge of GCF policies and project cycle management is highly desired.
- Expertise on private sector finance instruments is highly desired.
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desired.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #21018
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.