Cambria offers a competitive benefits package that encompasses your health and well-being, financial health, retirement planning and time-off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Publishing Specialist will play an important part in supporting all publishing including Cambria Style magazine, The Post newspaper, The Home Depot Planner, expanded online content and additional content and media. This highly detail oriented and project based role will be responsible for, among many other things; project management, organization, research, liaison and support for all publishing and/of their digital platforms. This role also acts as the internal point person for these publishing endeavors, while engaging and working with external teams and other groups in the marketing department. This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Brand & Content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, cultivate and manage publishing relationships and projects with key influencers (design bloggers, food bloggers, content contributors)
- Work with SVP, Brand & Content, PR and digital team to leverage digital interest, influencer relationships and social strategy to elevate Cambria Style magazine, The Home Depot Planner, The Post newspaper and other publishing platforms.
- Work with SVP, Brand & Content to source and cultivate editorial brand relationships.
- Assist SVP, Brand & Content with various processes during editorial and creative creation of each issue including; publishing schedule, weekly editorial conference calls with publisher/writers/designers, calendar updates, contributor commmunication, product search and acquisition, photo acquisition and rights negotiations.
- Support SVP, Brand & Content during any celebrity negotiations and installations to assist with details, paperwork and various needs for both parties throughout creation of profiles.
- Assist SVP, Brand & Content and creative department in photoshoot prep and production.
- Develop an ongoing compilation of inspiration boards per direction for current and future Cambria Style editorial
- Cultivate and categorize ideas, scrap resources for creation of the magazine, internal newspaper, The Home Depot Planner and other publishing needs.
- Assist with communication and follow-up for Cambria Style magazine features and content.
- Act as an internal support and point of contact for SVP, Brand & Content through creation, completion, launch and ongoing support of issues including distribution and lists.
- Main contact and manager for Cambria Style’s digital/video assets Maintain digital library of Cambria Style assets for brand use.
- Serve as manager and contact for Cambria Style and The Home Depot Planner web content. Cultivate and create an ongoing “training” program to engage, inspire and bring accountability to sales side in usage of magazines.
- Internal point person for distribution of Cambria Style magazine, The Home Depot Planner.
- Work closely with our publishing partner’s teams for creation, execution and distribution of Cambria Style magazine, The Home Depot Planner .
- Manage ongoing project budgets, administrative and housekeeping items with SVP, Brand & Content.
- Point person for any and all Cambria Style magazine, The Home Depot Planner.
- Excellent interpersonal, project management, organizational and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external parties
- Proven attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with quick and responsive communication
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Degree focus in marketing, publishing, advertising, design preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of previous experience in publishing
Systems: Google Suites, Apple/Mac based computer skills a plus and some Adobe Creative Suite experienc
- Office position requiring telephone and computer use.
- Ability to occasionally lift and transport marketing sample assets weighing 10 – 30 lbs.