WEC Energy Group is currently seeking applicants for summer 2021 Safety Internships based out of the following locations: Green Bay-WI, Milwaukee-WI, and Chicago-IL.
We employ students for summer and year round opportunities to help design creative cost effective systems and equipment that keep the energy flowing to our customers in a safe and reliable manner. Our student employees have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. Together, we can make a world of difference!
WEC Energy Group offers a variety of safety opportunities for students seeking hands-on experience that are currently enrolled in a four-year degree program. Students work with experienced members of these functional teams.
The Safety Intern will perform field audits and observations to gather information while consulting and advising with the department on health and safety issues. They will conduct investigations of accidents, injuries, tools, equipment, work methods or other issues.
- Conduct Health & Safety Initiatives.
- Conduct industrial hygiene exposure monitoring for various physical, biological and chemical agents to determine employee exposures.
- Audit health and safety performance through observation and inquiry.
- Identify improvement opportunities and inform facility management of issues and solutions.
- Act as a professional resource for all levels of employees while providing support services on health and safety.
- Deliver health and safety training programs and materials.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures, policies, and programs relating to health and safety.
- Pursue personal development of technical expertise in a broad range of subject matter relative to power generation health and safety.
- Assist Health & Safety Consultants with program development and implementation.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with facility employees and department leaders.
- Serve on local safety committees while offering expert perspective on health and safety issues.
- High School Diploma, HSED, or GED
- Valid driver's license
- Current pursuit of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Safety/Industrial Hygiene or closely related degree.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 or above.
To be considered, interested students must apply online no later than December 13th. Please monitor your email inbox for additional steps. Interviews will be held in January and February 2021.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
North Shore Gas, Peoples Gas, We Energies, Wisconsin Public Service