At Cambria, the health and well-being of our employees is of great importance and we strive to provide a healthy and safe work environment. The Cambria Processing Facility has multiple automated production lines with many pieces of moving machinery including, but not limited to, mixers, conveyor belts, overhead cranes, aerial lifts and forklifts to move raw and finished material. It is our policy to conduct field, production and office activities in a manner that promotes the safety and protection of employees, clients and the public. Employees are expected to contribute to their own and fellow employees’ health and safety by learning and exercising safe work practices.
Cambria offers a competitive benefits package that encompasses your health and well-being, financial health, retirement planning and time-off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for sorting hold area slabs, selecting slabs with a crane and forklift, and building orders for customers while maintaining quality and safety standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build loads for samples and Cambria customers as needed
- Operate a forklift and overhead crane throughout your shift
- Sort slabs and store them in the correct locations by disposition
- Complete daily safety inspections of forklift and crane
- Participate in quarterly cycle counts
- Organize and maintain overall appearance of the warehouse including raw materials, packages, and pallets to ensure timely, accurate and careful delivery
- Move materials to and from staging areas, production areas, and delivery vehicles using a forklift and ensure slabs are correctly scanned at time of movement
- Maintain and report inventory needs
- Provide documentation, including daily checklists, for the forklift and ensure it is accurate
- Sustain an understanding of the load staging process, A-frame and slab return process, load verification process and the load planner report
- Uphold an understanding of Report Server, Reports, Oracle, Telnet Scanning and other company computer based programs
- Keep work area clean and orderly
- Perform job duties safely as outlined in the Warehouse Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- Ability to become certified in forklift and overhead crane operation
- Ability to read and write in English to complete required documentation
- Basic computer skills
- Forklift experience
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Basic math skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Industrial work experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Push/pull 100 lbs.
- Stand on feet for long periods of time during a shift for up to 12 hours, with intermittent breaks
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided by Cambria
- Participate in daily stretch and flex exercises
- Work in a non-climate controlled environment
- Separate slabs using a separator tool in both racks and A-frames
- Climb in and out of a forklift multiple times throughout shift
- Bend over multiple times throughout shift
Task Based Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- Steel toed boots
- Hearing Protection
- Safety glasses
- Cut-proof gloves
- High visibility vest