What you’ll be doing...
This opportunity is for Military personnel who are current participants of Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program Cohort 3-2020.
As a Principal Architect, you’ll fulfill the role of trusted technical adviser for Federal clients under the Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) MSA contract and other large non-EIS Federal contracts and opportunities. You will act as the technical solutions lead for internal and external solution development including proposals, Request for Proposals, Request for Quotes, and Request for Information (RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs) by putting together solutions across multi-towers (Cloud, Security, Networking, Voice, UCC, Contact Center, Wireless, IoT), supporting literature, diagrams, write-ups, responses, and presentations.
As the Principal Architect you will:
- Be an integral part of the sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key Client technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Own the technical relationship with clients, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, coordination of additional technical resources, and obtaining Client requirements and translates these into a (Client specific) Solution Design and/or Verizon Enterprise offer
- Leads solution definition and solution design both internal within Verizon Enterprise as well as towards the Client
- Leads prioritization of Client solution / technical requirements and champions resolution of solution / product gaps internally
- Work with potential Client to analyze IT infrastructure for potential opportunities to demonstrate Verizon Enterprise solution's unique capabilities
- Articulates the Verizon Enterprise vision on technologies and solutions towards the Client; positions Verizon Enterprise as thought leader on key technological developments
- Develop individual skill set and expand product knowledge to maximize value and to deliver quality services to our clients. This includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
- Travel to Client sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Must be a current participant of Hiring our Heroes Corporate Fellowship
Program Cohort 3-2020.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in a Pre-sales or customer-facing consulting capacity or related technical experience.
- Valid driver's license
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Government Integrator experience.
- Experience in sales or service of Government customers.
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches demonstrating the value of proposed Verizon solutions.
- Ability to be competent in generating solution documentation for both internal stakeholders and clients in the form of written solution explanations, diagrams, slides, documents, spreadsheets.
- Ability to quickly learn, understands and works with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions.
- Ability to attain designated certification requirements and attends product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
- Advanced design and experience in at least three of the following
- Data and IP Services (MPLS, SIP, internet, VPN, SDN, NFV, SDWAN)
- Voice Services (Circuit Switched Voice, IP Voice, SIP Trunking)
- Access Technologies (TDM, Ethernet)
- Network Operations (Managed Services for WLAN, LAN, WAN, IP PBX, Automation/Orchestration)
- Security (DDOS, FW, IDS, WAF, DDI, SIEM, Analytics, Micro-segmentation)
- Call Center Technologies (ACD, IVR, Call Recording, Toll Free Services)
- Cloud and Data Center Outsourcing (application management, compute and storage, virtualization, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS);
- Wireless technologies (IoT)
- IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services)
- Security, architecture, and industry certifications such as (CISSP, TOGAFv9, ITIL, Cisco CCNA or CCNP, CCSK, Avaya, Amazon, Microsoft, etc.).
- Functional knowledge in leading technology network and security vendor portfolios such as Cisco, Avaya, Viptela, Versa, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Juniper, and more.
- Willingness to travel
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.