This position is not currently funded and is in anticipation of a future project
POSITION: Administrative Assistant -- Level III
Position requires a current Full Scope Poly clearance
This is Level III Administrative Assistant (AA) work in the in the WDC area. Level III AA work entails managing, executing and troubleshooting complex end to end (E2E) workflow processes or programs, and independently coordinating the resolution of issues across multiple work units. The work also includes managing, coordinating and/or providing comprehensive administrative support to a work unit, project, program or functional area.
Level III AA work is complex, diverse, and requires interpreting and applying established policies and regulations to often unique situations and under unique circumstances. Generally work includes managing, organizing, scheduling, and executing (and sometimes create) complex E2E workflow processes or programs along with a responsibility to train and guide less experienced contractors. The work is performed under minimal supervision. Specific duties and responsibilities will vary based on assignment.
(U) Short Summary
(U) The scope of Level III AA work is to manage, coordinate, and/or provide comprehensive administrative support to a work unit, project, program or functional area.
Education: Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Associates or Bachelors' degree
* U.S. Citizenship.
* A minimum of four (4) years of prior administrative support or comparable experience, demonstrating increased levels of complexity and responsibility in the areas of problem education may be substituted for up to one (1) year of work experience.
* Subject matter expertise sufficient to interpret and apply established policies, procedures, and guidelines to unique situations or under unique circumstances.
* Extensive knowledge of IC administrative processes and procedures related to area of assignment.
* Extensive knowledge of assignment-specific internal administrative support applications.
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (e.g., Power Point, Word, Outlook, Excel)
* Basic understanding of Project Management fundamentals, sufficient to plan, coordinate, and execute E2E administrative support to a process, project/program or functional area.
* Analytical skills sufficient to assess and interpret highly complex information from multiple sources and develop insightful recommendations and solutions.
* Excellent communication skills sufficient to respond to customers' complex questions; communicate procedures and processes to management, co-workers, customers, and stakeholders; and to provide guidance on pertinent changes to business functions and operations in a manner that is easily understood.
* Writing skills sufficient to compose original, non-template, clear and concise moderately complex written products.
* Serve as action officer or focal point, taking ownership in providing E2E support to a process or program. This includes follow-up, tracking, monitoring, coordination through multiple levels, and bringing the process/program to completion. Lead the day-to-day administrative activities of a work unit. Maintain schedule of appointments, coordinate meetings, and follow-up on requirements bringing them to completion
* In collaboration with government POC, interpret and apply established policies and regulations, including application to unique situations or under unique conditions.
* Oversee, coordinate, and monitor task completion of other contractors
* Review work against checklists and process/program documentation for accuracy and completeness.
* Independently troubleshoot and quality check own work to ensure quality of products or services. Anticipate, identify and analyze errors, recommend and implement changes to mitigate future errors.
* Lead the day-to-day administrative activities of a work unit. Maintain schedule of appointments, coordinate meetings, and follow-up on requirements bringing them to completion for a manager or others in the work unit.
* Plan, schedule, organize, and execute meetings, conferences and off-sites; may participate in meetings and events as a recorder or working group member; may brief or present administrative support related information. May represent work unit at meetings, events, forums and in Intelligence Community (IC) working groups under guidance from the Government.
* Draft, proofread and edit manager or office correspondence; Draft original, non-template documents.
* Administer and troubleshoot office databases, including time and attendance; update websites/SharePoint sites; set up new user accounts and accesses; run reports; perform database clean up tasks.
* Arrange travel, coordinate itineraries, or otherwise support travel for work unit managers and staff, including passport/visa requirements.
* Create and submit travel, training and POV vouchers.
* Order supplies, maintain inventory, issue equipment, trouble-shoot and arrange for equipment repairs, oversee and account for inventory.
* Open, sort and distribute incoming mail, newspapers, faxes or other documents. Track and monitor status of incoming and outgoing cable traffic.
* Pass and receive clearances; prepare visitor requests and access lists as necessary; serve as vault custodian.