This position is not currently funded and is in anticipation of a future project
POSITION: Customer Service Representative -- Level I
Position requires a current Full Scope Poly clearance
This is Level I Customer Service Representative (CSR) work in the WDC area. The work is primarily within enterprise call centers and includes communicating both written and oral with employees and delivering accurate information on established policies, procedures, and parameters.
Customer Service personnel in a call center interact with all levels of staff and are required to quickly identify relevant administrative information to resolve employee issues and problems that range from routine to moderately complex in nature. The work requires a customer service perspective, acting as the initial point of contact, for assistance across all the support Disciplines (for example, but not limited to: HR, IT, Travel, Finance, Facilities, Security, Procurement, Information Management, or Logistics domains).
Level I Customer Service Representative work primarily within enterprise call centers and includes communicating both written and oral with Sponsor employees and delivering accurate information on established policies, procedures, and parameters. A strong customer service perspective is required.
Education: Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Associates or Bachelors' degree
Previous experience not required, however previous customer service experience is advantageous
Ability to obtain and apply:
* Basic knowledge of the organizations customer service measures, standards, and expectations
* Basic knowledge of the types of data maintained in a domain system of record
* Working knowledge of the systems related to processing respective Support Discipline Actions across relevant corporate applications
* Basic knowledge of the Sponsor's mission, customers, products, and services
* Active listening and oral expression skills
* Problem solving skills to identify the nature of a customer issue and relay an understanding of the problem
* Interpersonal skills to develop valued relationships with customers, coworkers, and colleagues
* Ability to quickly gain familiarity in corporate programs, actions, and policies
* Ability to research and identify relevant information within a multitude of documented information
* Ability to write clear and effective correspondence and explanations
* Ability to navigate multiple databases, documented resources, and systems of record
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in fast paced environment
* Ability to remain calm and empathetic when communicating with contentious customers
* Ability to elicit relevant information through dialogue, questions, and conversations
Depending on the functions and business areas supported, duties may include the following:
* Communicate with customers via phone and email and answer basic questions related to administrative issues.
* Encourage a positive call center interaction by communicating in a thorough, supportive and amicable manner.
* Categorize questions/inquiries, identify relevant information from a body of policies, procedures, and websites and when necessary, determine the appropriate functional area to search for answers to customer issues.
* Provide guidance to employees on navigating document and web resources and self-service tools.
* Provide policy and procedural information and guidance to customers on programs, actions, and/or processes.
* Complete required online forms or database entries in support of any required actions quickly and accurately.
* Update electronic records based on customer conversations and conduct related data entry.
* Update and communicate with customers on issue progress, timelines, and resolution.
* Navigate multiple databases, documented resources, and systems of record efficiently.
* Coordinate with colleagues as appropriate to explain processes or resolve moderately complex employee transactional issues.
* Refer questions and issues that are out of the scope of the call centers to the appropriate organization.