Stanley Consultants is currently seeking a Part-time Senior Construction Cost Estimator for our Salt Lake City office. This opportunity would be ideal for a motivated, enthusiastic, seasoned senior cost estimator who would like a flexible schedule, and the stimulating challenges of supporting clients as they deliver heavy civil projects in more innovative ways. This position will develop construction cost estimates for highway and other heavy construction projects and help government agencies improve their cost estimating and CMGC/CMAR delivery processes.
- Develops construction cost estimates based on production rates, material costs, and labor rates.
- Provides constructability and innovation reviews of heavy civil construction plans and specifications.
- Provides general cost estimating guidance and information to clients.
- Assists in negotiating construction cost estimates with other parties.
- Trains designers and junior estimators on cost based estimating software and methodology.
- Assists designers in anticipating and understanding heavy civil construction costs.
- In the course of business, the member may be required to operate a company vehicle. A mandatory prerequisite to operating a company vehicle is maintaining an acceptable driving record
- Minimum of 15 years heavy highway, airport, and/or railroad construction cost estimating experience for items including:
- Bridges and box culverts
- Paving and pavement structural section layers
- Drainage piping and boxes
- BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field preferred.
- This job requires good communication and documentation skills (Word or equal, internet) and an individual capable of performing with minimal supervision. Knowledge of construction techniques and an ability to read plans and specifications is mandatory.
- Proficiency with computerized estimating programs for heavy civil construction work along with Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to be semi-mobile (projects across greater-Utah and intermountain area).
Preference given to candidates with:
- A minimum of 5 years of structures (bridges, box culverts, etc.) cost estimating.
- A minimum of 5 years of CMGC (Construction Manager General Contractor)/CMAR (Construction Manager at Risk) project management and/or cost estimating experience.
This position may require some out of town work assignments. If so, per diem and housing arrangements will be provided by the company.
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.