Click the Apply link to create your Job Application
Job Description SummaryCLEAResult, a leading provider of energy solutions, has an immediate opportunity for an Energy Engineer to join our world-class organization. This position will empower a motivated engineer to make a difference in the demand side management industry by identifying and quantifying opportunities to transform building and transportation systems to improve efficiency while reducing costs and environmental impacts. In this role, a driven individual will provide key technical support for Industrial EE, Agricultural EE, Commercial EE, and electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure in the California Bay Area and beyond. Duties will include developing energy efficiency measures, performing site visits and inspections, providing guidance on EV charging site design, interpreting technical aspects of policies, measurement & verification, and communicating analysis and results to technical and non-technical audiences. The engineer shall take part in a results-driven, talented, and highly effective team bringing industry leading tools and analyses to internal and external stakeholders. Regular communications with participating building owners, facility managers, Trade Allies, Program Partners, and other entities are inherent to this position.
- Provide on-site consultations and EV charging readiness assessments for commercial and multi-family building owners, facility managers, and other Program Partners to ensure the program can meet or exceed its enrollment and installation goals.
- Assess site EV charging readiness considering existing electrical capacity, parking capacity, ADA, local parking ordinances and other related attributes.
- Develop EV charging project options appropriate to the site; present and communicate findings to customers at a general or high technical level if required.
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge in local and regional EV charging policies, news, and trends.
- Collaborate and works within a multi-disciplinary team to perform and lead technical work supporting energy efficiency programs.
- Identify, lead, and qualify complex energy efficiency projects (beyond deemed/prescriptive savings) using standard engineering principles including physics, mechanics, fan laws, thermodynamics, algebra, and statistics.
- Provide technical guidance and support to program teams related to subject matter expertise (e.g. engineering/technology oversight, customer segment, program policies)
- Apply program and client/utility policies to categorize and adjust data analysis to comply with provided guidelines (e.g. baseline category, industry-standard practice, measure classification).
- Perform site assessments (pre and post-project inspections) unassisted at industrial, agricultural, and large commercial facilities to identify energy efficiency opportunities and recommend steps to further investigate or disqualify opportunities.
- Develop IPMVP compliant M&V plans customized to customer and site-specific limitations.
- Analyze post-project data with respect to the M&V plan, with the potential to identify opportunities for improving future operation and efficiency.
- Communicate information requests to clients/contractors to address deficiencies in calculations and/or policy adherence.
- Author clear, expository reports compiling project information and analysis as a stand-alone deliverable for clients and stakeholders.
- Oversee and answer technical and policy inquiries from third party firms/clients related to project documents.
- Prepare and maintain information in a database to manage and monitor project activity and tasks.
- Oversee the development of calculators and measure configurations within an internal engineering tools database.
- Maintain client satisfaction and develop client relationships including undertaking business development activities.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior engineering staff.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering preferred).
- Experience Level - Minimum of 5 years of applicable professional experience in energy efficiency, energy consulting, electrical contracting, clean transportation, or related fields.
- Certifications - PE, CMVP, CEM preferred.
- Experience with EV charging, utilities, or energy efficiency programs preferred.
- Working proficiency in understanding electrical line drawings, building electrical panels and equipment is required.
- Experience with industrial refrigeration, boilers systems, compressed air, pumping and fan systems, and other energy efficiency measures including Title 24 and DEER database.
- Industry knowledge of Strategic Energy Management is preferred.
- Field experience in independently conducting energy audits and verification inspections.
- Familiarity with construction permitting and compliance activities.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- >50% travel within the greater Bay Area region in California is likely
Additional Job Description
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran, or any other protected status.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. CLEAResult retains the right to make changes or adjustment to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.
Copyright 2019 CLEAResult. All rights reserved.