Medical Education Manager
Responsible for the ongoing development and execution of the Interventional Oncology medical education program, focused on physician training. The role will provide product and subject matter input, operational support, and strategic input to key cross-functional areas in support of all products within the Interventional Oncology franchise.
- Responsible for ongoing development and standardization of the external physician training programs, ensuring alignment with external and internal priorities and as defined by the annual medical plan.
- Develop curriculum, and programs by identifying, assessing and analyzing unmet HCP training needs and trends within the scientific community. Align educational portfolio of program offerings with organizational strategic objectives.
- Perform routine needs assessments of global external training programs to determine both content and expansion requirements according to both commercial and clinical priorities.
- Collaborate with appropriate global and regional stakeholders (internal and external) to identify potential changes to learning requirements in response to changes in product strategies, clinical practice, and emergence of new and relevant clinical data
- Develop materials to be used for physician-based training and implement updates at regular intervals to ensure timely data updates and version control. Maintain a library of current training materials.
- Develop detailed educational event agenda, identify in consultation with cross-functional input e.g. Medical, Marketing and engage speakers.
- Provide product and program matter expertise while eliciting feedback from external experts and cross-functional IO franchise teams to develop accurate and relevant training content.
- Evolve and innovate training resource capabilities to ensure various effective hands-on modalities across the Boston Scientific portfolio of Interventional Oncology therapies and technologies.
- Collaborate with R&D and Marketing on next generation projects to support technical/procedural instruction with current technologies and new product launches.
- Work with HCP faculty to further develop presentation content and cases, ensure on-label use, alignment with topic objectives, proper disclaimers and support the Legal, Regulatory, and Medical review processes.
- Develop approach, scope, and methodology of training to maximize impact by determining target audience, time, location requirements, and other applicable factors.
- Conduct post-program evaluations of content and faculty, remain aware of all changes that may impact training requirements, and implement changes/improvements to training protocols and materials accordingly.
- Maintain communication cadence with program faculty and cross functional areas, ie: Field Sales and Field Medical, Marketing, Clinical.
- Lead communication of contracting needs with Medical Education Specialist to ensure proper lead-time and execution of speaker & trainer agreements, prior to services performed
- Ensure training program logistics are met in collaboration with Field Medical and Clinical personnel. Attend and manage programs on-site to ensure successful execution on event day.
- Acts as an advisor to senior management on specialized projects. Leads project teams that have a significant impact on the company using high-level cross-functional resources.
- Advanced degree in the Life Sciences required
- Minimum of 5 years managerial/leadership experience working within the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry
- Proven success within the Medical Affairs and/or Marketing functions including implementation of medical strategic plans and medical education initiatives
- Proven success creating and maintaining relationships with HCPs
- Therapeutic area experience within oncology is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of global healthcare standards
- Good understanding of regulatory guidelines and Good Clinical Practices
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and product responsibilities and work independently
- Ability to work effectively with others in a matrix environment
- Ability to develop strategic solutions to unique, significant and extremely complex business issues
- Demonstration of a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented Boston Scientific quality processes and procedures.
- Ability to travel within North America and Internationally
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer