Position at Prime Pork, LLC
The Engineering Intern role is an entry level position that will be participating in various activities that can include: experience to acquire management skills (leadership, teambuilding, interpersonal), technical skills (production management controls, operational processes, and metrics) as well as contribute to the organization through projects to improve production, reduce waste, or the like. The Engineering Intern can expect to learn about the various areas of operations within the industry by supporting the design, development, implementation and continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes, initiatives, and new capital projects as they arise. These processes will address capacity, quality, safety, budget management, project management requirements and documentation of the business requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Work on the production floor at various tasks to learn the process and understand the products
- Designing product and production layouts on CAD
- Actively participate in safety training and initiatives
- Compiles work instructions and related standards processes and procedures
- Assists the department in the investigation of non-conformance, product failures, customer/consumer complaints and quality incidents
- Develops self-awareness and consistently applies best practices in communications, emotional intelligence, integrity, and exhibits other Comfrey Farm Prime Pork values.
- Broaden your perspective on career development, gain problem-solving insights, and enhance your ability to navigate the organizational culture with the aid of an assigned mentor.
- Develop your network by engaging with employees and interns from across Comfrey Farm Prime Pork's many businesses and functions
- Complete project(s) throughout the summer and report-out on your accomplishments through a final internship capstone presentation to business leaders, supervisors and colleagues at the end of your internship
- Other appropriate duties from time to time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Education: Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical) or a related degree.
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools and principles
- Experience using 6 Sigma
- Ability to collect data and develop statistics to describe equipment and system functionality
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, often on multiple simultaneous projects using excellent time management skills
- Basic knowledge of mechanical or electrical engineering principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; capable of presenting information in an easy-to-understand format.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion
- Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior Leadership
- Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Comfrey Farm Prime Pork offers both housing assistance and meal per diem
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks during the summer term
- Day-to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position upon completion of internship or graduation
About our Company Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can't or won't do. Comfrey Farm Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor's vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Salena at 507-303-7556 or Salena.email@example.com.
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.