* Assure compliance of underwriting document handling including applications, production reports, acreage reports, claim forms and other documents
* Direct employees in the policy and procedures in order to maintain compliance with federal, state and company regulations
* Interface with agents and marketing staff to ensure smooth coordination of application along with product and agriculture reports processing
* Assure cross training of underwriting staff for all lines of business including MPCI, Hail & Named Peril along with other departments
* Performs audits and provides final underwriting approval on written agreement requests
* Maintain current industry and regulation knowledge along with making recommendations due to changes
* Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
5 years relevant experience
* Identify impact of a given decision
* Use relevant information and individual judgment to comply with organizational and legal regulations
* Negotiate skillfully in tough situations to settle differences with minimum noise
* Develop and use metrics to evaluate performance
* Consult and recommend changes and improvements to leaders
* Maintain composure during high stress situations
* Build and maintain professional networks and channels of communication inside and outside the organization
* Motivational, inspirational and enthusiastic approach to team leading and management
* Utilize effective communication skills to persuade decision makers
* Utilize personal credibility to influence others
* Minimum of 5 years of Crop Insurance experience.
* Minimum of one year supervisory experience
* Advanced working knowledge of crop underwriting methodologies and best practices
* Advanced working knowledge of organizational underwriting guidelines and standards
* Laws and regulations relevant to underwriting standards, processes and procedures
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:
* We are customer-centred
* We are technical experts
* We are diverse
* We are fast-paced
* We are courageous
* We are accountable
* We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Travel Frequency
Occasional (approximately 5-10 trips annually)
US Only - Physical Demands
General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only - Disclaimer
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Number of Openings:0
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.