Imagine where we can go.
is a growing international specialist healthcare company. Our mission is to bring to market medical products that meet the needs of specialist healthcare physicians and their patients. We have an exciting opportunity for a:
We have an exciting opportunity for an energenic and entrapraneual MSL supporting Northwestern Region within United Stages.
The Americals field based "Medical Science Liaison" is responsible for supporting the safe and effective use of BSC interventional oncology embolics therapies communicating complex medical and scientific information to healthcare professionals and communicating field medical intelligence/insights to internal stakeholders. The MSL has internal and external training responsible for all BSC Interventional Oncology therapies. The MSL has an assigned territory autonomously managing, developing and growing medical activities/initiatives achieving key medical objectives. Location: Western Region including following states California and Oregon should live in within territory and have access (within 60 minutes) to good/exceptional air service.
PRINCIPLE ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Therapy Training to guide the safe and effective use of BSC embolic therapies
- Proactively engage HCPs providing on-label product and procedural training of BSC interventional oncology embolics therapies.
- Provide training/education for patient specific cases including patient section criteria, dosing, device setup/deployment and methods to mitigate adverse events. This includes real time patient case procedural training.
- As a subject matter expert, teach medical education and internal training courses. Provide product and disease-state educational/training support to the BSC Commercial and R&D functions related to technical, medical and scientific information.
- Provide refresher training to users who are not achieving desired outcomes
- Medical Support: : Focus on IO embolics Therapies with responsibility to support Ablation Therapies when requrired
- Build, maintain and manage effective professional peer-peer relationships with contracted External Experts (EE), or Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) engaging in bi-directional scientific/educational exchange. Understands medical/scientific barriers that may influence patient outcomes. Focus on ongoing research, newly published evidence, practice pattern changes and alternative therapies.
- Teach the clinical evidence story linking the totality of evidence in a non-biased manner. Inform HCPs about clinical evidence and accurately communicate key evidence gaps.
- Execute on medical plans communicating technical and clinical data supporting new products or and/or new indications. Create a territory plan to identify early users that will provide meaningful clinical insights.
- Provide medical and scientific support for EEs speaking on BTG products at medical meetings and congresses.
- Investigate and gather field medical intelligence/insights that might affect therapy safety/efficacy, Clinical/R&D strategies and competitive activities. Create strategies to gain insights from a diverse set of stakeholders. Communicates knowledge in a simple, coherent and informative manner to internal stakeholders.
- Identify clinical insights and knowledge gaps and be able to articulate the impact and magnitude of the findings.
- Provides medical/scientific congress support communicating accurate information with timely follow up. Attends key sessions and communicates knowledge in a simple, coherent and informative manner to internal stakeholders. Develops and executes on KOL engagement plan at the congress.
- Applying exceptional literature searching and curator skills directly addressing medical information requests from HCPs. Provide thoughtful and medically sound assessments in a timely manner. Utilize medical information to appropriately build KOL relationships and deliver medical insights to the business.
- Research Support: Focus on IO embolics Therapies with responsibility to support Ablation Therapies when requrired
- Assist BTG Clinical Development department with company sponsored clinical trials focusing on clinical trial site identification, site initiation, site protocol education, and ongoing support. Identify key issues that are accelerating or inhibiting patient recruitment, quality data collection or patient retention. Recommend research sites that can perform well delivering patient enrollment and quality data. Support principal investigator and provide up to date information that may improve patient recruitment and/or data quality. Provide medical insights and updates on key findings affecting the study performance.
- Through scientific exchange, discover novel investigator initiated research (IIS) ideas. Clearly articulate BTG's strategic interest and fully understand how a concept fits within the strategy. Fully appreciate novel ideas that could significantly impact patient care. Support Investigator Initiated research/study program by discovering and championing innovative ideas, facilitate study start up and provide ongoing consultation. Provide quarterly updates to senior leadership on study progress and medical/scientific insights. Inform BTGs leaders of major milestone accomplishments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Terminal degree in clinically related area preferred (PharmD, PhD, MD/DO) and Bachelor's degree required.
- Over 5 years experience functioning in a medical scientific role that has frequent interactions with healthcare providers.
- Ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Track record of solving complex medical/scientific problems and provides solutions which are innovative.
- Proven to be a subject matter expert.
- Develops advanced medical/scientific/clinical ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Track record for creating, managing and completing medical/scientific related projects.
- Demonstrated scientific and medical acumen preferably with a publication record.
- Clinical acumen; preferably having clinical patient care experience, or healthcare experience working in a complex healthcare delivery system.
- Preferred experience
- Oncology experience or demonstrated ability to master new therapeutic areas.
- Industry experience in a clinical, medical or scientific role
- Field experience
- Medical devices experience
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Outstanding interpersonal consultative skills
- Excellent presentation/platform skills
- Self-motivated continuous scientific, technical and medical learning
- Strong teaching acumen with focus on practical learning
- Ability to manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
- Ability to creatively address problems in an organized systematic way
- Willingness and ability to work within and outside of traditional business hours
- Collaborative style, responsive, considerate, flexible, assertive and personable
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and web based customer and clinical support tools
- Ability to travel extensively within the US (North America) and in particular within assigned territory. Some international travel may be required.
- Ability to operate a car and maintain a valid license
- Physical ability to operate interventional instrumentation
BSC is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation & benefit packages, challenging opportunities and a culture of working together in a supportive way built on our strong foundation of values:
Openness Accountability Teamwork Integrity Delivery Continuous Learning