Position at Prime Pork, LLC
Sourcing Manager is responsible for the cost-effective procurement and timely delivery of all materials and services and has extensive experience and familiarity working with packaging suppliers and developing packaging solutions. The Sourcing Manager will oversee procurement responsibilities for packaging, maintenance, equipment, IT, production and services. The Sourcing Manager reports to the CFO.
The ideal candidate will have strong negotiating skills, sourcing abilities, creative problem solving, and experience with packaging. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is career focused and committed with drive, desire and energy to tackle major challenges and succeed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement procurement and contract management instructions, policies and procedures; conduct training and conduct procurement related audits to ensure procurement policies and procedures are followed
- Manage the qualification and evaluation process for vendors of materials.
- Track and drive continual improvement and results through key supplier performance metrics and lean manufacturing practices
- Represent company in negotiating and formulating policies with suppliers, subcontractors and professional service provider to assure terms and conditions align with corporate strategies
- Direct and coordinate activities of team members engaged in buying and/or estimating materials, equipment, subcontract and professional services.
- Responsible for projections, financial planning, expediting, delivery schedules and project purchasing reporting.
- Oversees the development and review of all procurement analytics, reporting and deliverables.
- Develop and provide suppliers with forecasts that achieve reasonable predictability of future customer requirements to enable suppliers to operate efficient production processes and enable informed procurement and production capacity decisions.
- Work closely with vendors to procure new packaging items, making sure samples are received on a timely manner and iterations happen quickly; place purchase orders with vendors for existing packaging products
- Review purchase costs to ensure items purchased are at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need
- Collaborate with suppliers and design and marketing teams to establish inventory safety stock levels, reorder amounts, and lead times for all materials
- Establish key metrics to monitor supplier's performance related to quality and service; conduct quarterly business reviews
- Analyze and recommend solutions for all issues relating to supplier's performance based on quality, delivery and/or price
- Manage the monthly cost procurement spend; approves Accounts Payable to ensure correct prices have been invoiced
- Drive cost reduction and value enhancement strategies in area of product cost, freight cost and payment terms
- Resolve any unforeseen problems with suppliers relating to operations, purchasing or quality/performance quickly and professionally
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement, vendor management, import/export business, preferred
- 5 years of experience working for a high end physical product company
- Direct experience with manufacturers in Asia and/or other regions
- Management experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.Must have the knowledge and skills required to work in a fast paced and challenging environment in adverse conditions, such as warm, cold and wet environments (during cleaning).
- In-depth knowledge of creative packaging solutions
- Knowledge of sustainability as it pertains to packaging materials and ability to keep up with new developments in packaging industry especially in regards to new and innovative sustainable materials
- Ability to establish strong business relationships with suppliers
- Business acumen and capability to negotiate with suppliers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure in a high volume environment, can stick to tight deadlines and turnaround times
- Extremely proactive and responsive, you don't let projects slip through the cracks
- Ability to communicate with a positive and can do attitude
- Computer proficiency, strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel) and google drive
- Clear communication, verbally and in writing
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About our Company:
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can't or won't do. Comfrey Farm Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor's vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or