The Instrumentation & Controls Technician IV, has completed level four competencies, disassembles, inspects, cleans, repairs, calibrates, tests, and performs periodic maintenance of field instruments, equipment systems and controls. The role, evaluates and determines necessary modification, performs complex repairs or removal of instruments or devices needing overhaul during scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting while performing unscheduled work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Provide customers with technical direction and support on the calibration, repair and operation of instrumentation and controls equipment.
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and GE concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions
- Implement conversions, modifications and upgrades to gas turbine controls systems including software upgrades and major retrofits
- Troubleshoots, reinstalls, tests, evaluates, calibrates, and maintains instruments or devices upon completion of repairs.
- Records and reports abnormal function or out of tolerance conditions of equipment and initiates corrective action and documentation
- Read and interpret electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams
- Use of hand tools to conduct general maintenance of customer equipment
- Provide documents of daily record of inspection, maintenance activity, repair and other work performed within approved guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental, health, and safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
- Travel may be required
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization's core values.
- 8+ years of experience without formal degree, in power plant maintenance, turbine generator maintenance, or power plant equipment installation/ commissioning.
- 5+ years of experience in instrumentation, controls, installing, calibrating, maintaining and repairing equipment or equivalent experience.
- Must have appropriate license or certification where required by federal, state or local laws
- Ability to understand and implement controls software upgrades * Required to be able to read and work from blueprints, schematic diagrams and specification manuals.
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment
- May be required to work on offshore platforms
- May be required to travel internationally
- Fluent in English
- Two-year degree, scientific field of study preferred or equivalent related work experience
- Expert understanding of PLC ladder logic, including basic understanding of how to navigate through ladder rungs while troubleshooting
- Expert knowledge of Gas Turbine Control Systems and Auxiliary Systems including but not limited to Woodward Netcon, Micronet, Micronet Plus, GE Mark V, VI, Vie, Fanuc, RX3i, and RX7i controls systems
- Preferable field experience on Wonderware, Cimplicity and iFix HMI software
- Expert knowledge of implementing controls software upgrades
- Expert familiarity with Bently Nevada 3500 Vibration Monitoring System
- Expert familiarity with Fire System Controls)
- Demonstrated use and understanding of physical standards of mass, temperature flow and pressure.
- Working knowledge of computers/PLC's
- Excellent customer, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to complete multiple projects within time constraints
- Strong organizational skills
: FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil & gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website www.fieldcore.com.
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.