Wind Commissioning Technician I is responsible for initial start-up and operation of GE wind turbines. Acts as part of a team to achieve safe and efficient operation following satisfactory turnover from GE's designated construction contractor. Perform the initial start-up on the turbine. Synchronize turbine to the grid and prepare it for normal operations, work is 80% Electrical, 20% Mechanical. Will be part of a team that performs maintenance, electrical repair and modification to Wind Turbines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of basic AC/DC electrical circuits and ability to T/S and conduct circuit analysis (24VDC, 166VDC, 120, 230, 400, 575, 690VAC)
- Successfully complete site training including GE EHS Climb Test
- Verify electrical connections and schematics
- Perform commissioning procedures
- Document all work performed
- Follow all assigned Environmental, Health and Safety procedures
- Verify that the work is completed in compliance with customer's requirements
- Install turbine control software and operating parameters
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems
- Repair or replace parts
- Responsible for immediate report of errors, violations or problems to Fieldcore lead for action.
- Responsible for performing all tasks assigned by the site management.
- Comply with all Quality Processes
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization's core values.
- Travel is required
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of relevant experience or graduation from a qualified wind technology or electrical program in lieu of experience
- Successful completion of GE Level 1 Basic Training
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems
- Solid mechanical/technical skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- English Proficiency Required
- Experience in a hands-on electrical position in an industrial environment preferred
- Experience utilizing hand-held and power tools including mechanical/electrical troubleshooting equipment
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience with EHS and Quality Procedures
- Candidates must be able to climb a 300 feet wind tower multiple times per day.
- Candidates must be able to walk across the hub and, in the event of an emergency, repel off.
- Must be comfortable working at heights of up to 300+ feet.
- Must meet specific weight requirements of tower ladders under OSHA standards of 250 to 300 lbs. max, including personal protective equipment (approx. 30-35lbs).
- Must be comfortable working in confined space(s).
- Must be able to see and move throughout site to resolve work problems and facilitate processes; repetitive motion activities may be involved.
- Frequent climbing, walking, and standing, bending, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight up to 50 lbs.
- Successful completion of the climb test and tower rescue training.
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil & gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website .
FieldCore is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law