As an Embedded Linux Software Engineer, you will maintain and make improvements to our custom Linux distributions, run various builds using Yocto, and maintain our source on github. You will also maintain some of the product documentation (Word and PDF files), some of the web content (software releases, example code, documents, etc.), and provide assistance to customers as needed. You will have a lot of autonomy about how to solve customer issues and improve the product. You will be expected to be self-directed and require minimal supervision. At times, this position can be highly interrupt-driven, although it is normally not.
- Design and implement software for embedded Linux systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug software for embedded Linux
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support Help Desk with Linux related questions in order to support customers
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess third party and open source software
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years of Embedded Linux Systems experience, 7+ years experience preferred
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C/C++
- Develop and debug kernel drivers for Embedded Linux SPI, CAN, RS485, and I2C to peripherals.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux kernel, coding techniques, interfaces and hardware subsystems
Highly Desired Experience:
- Maintain and support Yocto build system
- Familiar with Git and GNU Make based build systems.
- Familiar with ARM based processors such as NXP i.MX6 or i.MX8
- Familiar with CI/CD tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.