FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE's Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out
The Heavy-duty Gas and Steam Turbine Field Engineers (FEs) will be in charge of the management of site activities including planning, organizing, integrating and monitoring of resources such as labour, tools and technical assistants as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements. The FEs will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning at customer power generating facilities. In particular, will be responsible for the installation & maintenance of Gas and Steam Turbines.
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
- Perform administrative functions such as: writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Signs off on all changes implemented.
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Ensure all parts needed for the job are shipped to the site
- Perform walk-downs during installation to ensure that the customer's contractors are working properly.
- Perform aftermarket upgrades that need to be performed at the site level.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical/University degree or qualifying experience OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Field Services role
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in a field services or power generation equipment maintenance position
- Successful candidates will have a solid understanding of Gas and Steam Turbine Operation & Controlling Parameters.
- In order to provide direction to others, position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams dial and laser alignment and thermal growth equipment.
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required.
- Trainee level. Most new hires with little experience on the GE Product will start in this level. Participates in on the job training.
- Experience and training on Alstom, Siemans or other OEM equipment is preferred
- Extensive Field Engineering Services experience is required
- Pipe fitting and tubing experience.
- Previous experience working on GE LM equipment.
- Fluent in English language.
- Good organizational skills
- Prior project management experience
- Good project management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer