At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for an experienced engineer to join the Water Business Group in our Minneapolis office. The successful candidate will work closely with project managers and technical staff to complete water and wastewater utility-related projects, and will have demonstrated, progressive experience in utility planning, and hydraulic modeling of water and wastewater infrastructure systems, and be able to work both independently and with a team on utility planning and utility management related projects for municipal clients, and state and local agencies.
The Water/ Wastewater Planner/Modeler will be responsible for assisting and leading projects related to various aspects of utility management, master planning, facility planning, and analysis for water supply, water distribution, sanitary collection systems, stormwater collection systems, water reuse, and related projects. Tasks may include preparation of planning studies, developing and calibrating water, wastewater, and stormwater hydraulic models, performing GIS data analysis, developing maps and figures, alternatives analysis, execution of infrastructure renewal and rehabilitation studies, cost analysis, capital planning, project management assistance, and client coordination.
* B.S. in engineering or related field
* 6 - 12 years of experience related to utility planning, hydraulic modeling and infrastructure analysis. A higher degree may be considered toward required years of experience
* Knowledge and experience with hydraulic modeling software (e.g. InfoWater, WaterGEMS, WaterCAD, EPANET, InfoSewer, SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, InfoSWWM and InfoWorks WS/CS/ICM)
* Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
* Proficiency in general computer skills with willingness and ability to learn new platforms
* Understanding of financial and administrative aspects of technical projects
* Willingness to learn and grow technical and professional skills to meet client and market needs.
* Self-motivated, able to work independently and with a project team, and possessing excellent organizational and time management skills
* A positive, client service-oriented attitude and commitment to being an active participant in an employee-owned culture
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Proficiency in ArcGIS, mapping and analysis
* Basic proficiency in standard CAD platforms such as AutoCAD and/or Microstation
* Infrastructure design experience
* Hands-on experience in at least one of the following technical areas: water supply planning, master planning, asset management, condition assessment, infrastructure renewal and rehabilitation, capital improvements analysis and planning, cost analysis, data management, utility finance and economics, and operations and maintenance optimization
* Experience working for a public, municipal, or investor owned water and/or wastewater utility, public works department, or engineering consulting firm is beneficial
* Experience assisting with project budgeting, project management and client management activities
* Experience working with clients within the MN/WI area
* Preference given to local candidates
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.