At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Oil and Gas Civil Engineer, we'll count on you to do the following:
Work on multi-disciplined natural gas and liquid pipeline and facility projects as part of a rapidly expanding Oil & Gas program within the United States. Typical projects could include mainline, trenchless installations, and/or associated facilities (i.e. metering / regulation, compression, over-pressure protection, and/or storage).
Associated engineering duties could include reviewing and/or performing linear pipeline design and associated calculations, compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies specific to stormwater management and erosion and sediment control, verifying code and standard compliance, quality checks, reviewing manufacturers drawings, preparing procurement specifications and construction documents, bid evaluations, conceptual design studies, report writing, selecting materials and equipment, observing construction, participating in project meetings, and other similar tasks as assigned.
The position will include travel for internal project team meetings, meetings with clients, contractors and vendors. Travel is typically less than 20% for this position but will be based on current workload as well as a candidate's preference.
Keywords: Oil, Natural Gas, Design, Project, Manager, Pipeline, Trenchless, Facilities, Pipeline, CAD, Engineering, Construction
* Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or related field is required.
* Five years of related experience is strongly preferred.
* Experience with mainline pipe as well as trenchless crossings is strongly preferred.
* Experience in interfacing with Federal, State and local agencies as well as community boards for project planning is beneficial.
* Candidates must be able to perform other project tasks involving site investigation, evaluation of permitting requirements, evaluation of environmental conditions, and determination.
* Professional Registration (e.g., P.E or P.G) is not required, although preference is given to applicants with current registration.
* Computer skills must include AutoCAD, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Earth. ArcGIS is also strongly preferred.
* Candidates must be self-motivated, creative and have strong organizational, inter-personal communication, writing and presentation skills.
* Candidates must be able to function with little direction to meet project goals and able to take conceptual direction for project tasks and developed detail plans to complete task.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.