At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for a Substation Project Engineer to join our growing and nationally ranked team of Power Delivery professionals in our Minneapolis, MN office.
The primary duties of the Substation Project Engineer include responsibility for knowledge and execution of the technical aspects and deliverables of projects assigned and is an experienced, competent engineer who generally understands and can complete all technical requirements of projects of basic to moderate complexity.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
* PE required.
* 5 years of experience in substation design is required.
* Specific experience performing aspects associated with substation design including One Line Diagrams General Arrangements Sections Grounding Conduit Plans Foundation Plans Material Lists Relay and Control Systems Control Schematics and Wiring Diagrams is required.
* Strong computer skills, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and electrical design software.
* Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm desired.
* Some travel may be required.
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
* Local candidates are preferred.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.