Despite what you've heard, there's more to sales than just pestering people to buy something- in fact, the best sales professionals aren't pestering at all. Their customers make a purchase because they WANT to buy! How do they do that? It all comes down to the psychology behind a successful sale. What does the customer want? Why do they want it? How can you position your offering to solve their problem in a way they will understand? The Everlight Solar Sales Psychology Internship teaches the most fundamental aspects of modern sales psychology. Forget the antiquated pushy sales tactics you see online. Spend a summer with Everlight Solar learning real persuasion and sales psychology and take the value you can add to a company to the next level.
This is a paid Internship with robust academic requirements and rigorous education that provides students an opportunity to achieve critical learning outcomes while receiving equal and full pay, alongside our industry leading sales team.
Core objectives include using sales as a vehicle to teach the following:
- Establishing a firm understanding of business practices such as market analysis, KPI reporting, technology trends and interpreting gathered data to make informed business decisions.
- Acquiring key interpersonal (soft) skills such as effective non-verbal and para-verbal communication, negotiation, closing the sale and overcoming customer objections.
- Creating a network of industry professionals not only to serve as mentors but also to develop opportunities for continuing in the workforce post-graduation.
- Personal development via participation in company book reviews, practicing mental discipline and striving to perform better tomorrow than today.
- Developing strong problem-solving skills via shadowing top company reps and actively attending company training sessions
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Currently enrolled within a relevant accredited undergraduate or graduate program.
- Minimum of one or more years of coursework towards a Bachelor's Degree in relevant program.
- Proficient with iOS and mobile software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Capability of memorizing and comprehension of industry-critical information.
- Self-Starter and flexibility to work varied hours.
- Ability to locate for the extent of the internship
- Legally authorized to be employed in the United States.