- Department: Facilities Services
- Entity: Carle
- Job Category: Biotechnology
- Employment Type: Intern
- Job ID: 16907
- Experience Required: None
- Education Required: Not Indicated
- Shift: Day
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Usual Schedule: 7:00a-3:30p
- On Call Requirements: None
- Work Location: Main Campus
- Secondary Job Category: Engineering
- Weekend Requirements: None
- Holiday Requirements: None
Responsible for performing preventive, predictive and repair maintenance and other scheduled services on Biomedical and related equipment. Performs repairs and other technical activities with minimum supervision. Requires good oral and written communication and customer service skills. Maintains equipment inventory records and parts records.
Two (2) years Biomedical Electronics repair and testing. Installs and provides technical assistance, preventive maintenance, calibration checks and repair service for a range of electronic medical equipment
Electrical and electronic theory including discrete components, integrated circuits, and microprocessors; test equipment such as oscilloscopes, analog and digital multimeters, signal generators, frequency counters, and special instrumentation designed for testing electronics
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Ensures integrity of preventive maintenance program by maintaining equipment inventory
- Ensures the integrity of the preventive maintenance program by maintaining equipment inventory and reviewing schedules and procedures.
- Maintains department supply inventory.
- Maintains documentation on electrical systems and practices for DNV, OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates both internal and external repair processes.