Description Job Description:
Leidos Government Health and Safety Solutions is seeking an experienced Scientific Computing Project Manager, contingent upon contract award, to lead team(s) of 25-35 people for scientific research computing projects.
The candidate should have experience successfully leading and managing task order comprised of cross functional service delivery teams experienced in regulatory science, bioinformatics, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence/ machine learning, modeling and simulation, data management and high performance computing. The project manager is responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance and will serve as the single customer point-of-contact for the customer on management and technical matters and contract-level issues. He/She will be the advocate/ voice of the customer, be a strategic advisor of the customer, and ensure the team understands the customer's needs, business operations and requirements. He/she will provide the planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to successfully delivery program goals and objectives within the scope, time and budget constraints. He/ she will interface with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership, management and interpersonal communication skills necessary to successfully inspire, lead, direct and manage a cross functional delivery teams
- Direct project planning, systems engineering development and implementation according to cost, schedule, and scope requirements.
- Ensure a streamlined operation in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
- Participate in project initiation activities, including plan and budget preparation.
- Expertly manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality program capabilities on time and within budget, including Subcontractors
- Integrate the Contractor's management and technical activities across the entire contractor staff to ensure they are consistent
- Ensure that all work on this contract complies with the contract terms and conditions and is approved/coordinated with senior corporate managers
- Act as the primary interface with the COR
- Drive the development and implementation of innovation roadmap and strategy, with projected cost savings
- Drive continuous service improvement and innovation.
- Plan/lead program reviews and briefings, both internal and with the customer.
- Oversee performance to specified contract SLAs and direct changes to meet the SLAs as needed
- Proactively identify, analyze and mitigate risks and capture opportunities while driving change
- Coordinate with contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions.
- Create plans and processes required to meet all performance, schedule, quality, cost, and security requirements.
- Manage and integrate the efforts of subcontractors, assuring flow-down and fulfillment of all contractual requirements in alignment with defined priorities.
- Connect with related contracts to delivery effectively for the customer.
- Remain conversant with the industry's advance research and high performance computing technology and practices.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Lead staffing actions, including recruitment, supervision, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Science (Biology, Chemistry or Physics), Information Technology, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and 8+ years of direct related work experience or a Master's Degree and 6+ years of direct related work experience.
- 3+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Experience leading large T&M and FFP Enterprise IT or bioinformatics projects of more than $5M annually
- Experience in managing large scale enterprise operations including high performance computing, cloud migration, cyber security, data center, and networks operations
- Ability to collaborate with senior level customers and technical staff in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Experience leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary staff (25-35 people) of various labor categories and skills and a large group of subcontractors working on-site and remotely to deliver IT, high performance computing, scientific computing, advanced analytics, modeling and simulation, bioinformatics and other computational science services
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to influence others outside of own area on policies, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials and communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and stakeholders
- PMP required
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience managing program using scientific technologies within a regulated environment such as FDA, HHS, NIH or CDC.
- Working knowledge of federal information security and compliance requirements
hhsfdaExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ManagerJob Family:Proj and Prog ManagementPay Range: