Position Title: Plant Manager
* Cheshire, CT
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Plant Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in producing and repackaging of compressed and liquid gases into cylinders, correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay, and assigning job tasks to workers according to customer needs, current stock levels and workers' expertise.
In particular, you will:
* Operates and safely maintains the plant for pumping or repackaging of gases into cylinders while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and company policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
* Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
* Studies production schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
* Establishes and/or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and product quality.
* Modifies working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
* Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and safety training is regularly scheduled, conducted and documented. Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
* Ensures all injuries and accidents are properly investigated and reported within 24 hours.
* Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving, work related problems. Recommends and/or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures. Ensures associate issues, employee relations, etc. are effectively handled.
* Manages and leads subordinate supervisors to provide leadership. Initiate and/or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve goals. Provides coaching and corrective action promptly, to ensure that poor performers are identified, documented and improved to acceptable performance, or released.
* Trains new workers and cross trains associates to continue production during personnel shortages.
* Maintains time and production records and approves overtime when essential, while keeping overtime at acceptable levels.
* Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
* High school degree/GED required. Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* 5 years of experience in manufacturing and/or distribution in industrial/medical gas filling, chemical processing, food/beverage production, or similar industry
* 2 years of demonstrated experience working in a supervisory/leadership role.
* Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes effective working relationships.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently.
* Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
* Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction.
* Ability to use MS Office and/or Google Applications.
* Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
* Able to operate a fork-lift.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you'll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability